Best two course venues that is n't one of the big boys!

Robin Hood

Visit site
Have a look at Nottingham.
There are some excellent courses close to each other, a great choice of hotels and only just over 100 miles from Cheltenham.
You won't be disappointed 😀

Visit site
I would highly recommend Dartmouth golf and country Club. The championship course is superb. The second Course is a full size 9 holer with two tee boxes, and is a another good test. They do fantastic deals on stay and play packages. Hotel accom is also fantastic if you all choose stay in the lodges.

dronfield

Visit site
i enjoyed Forest Pines when we played there a couple of months ago, no idea what it would be like in Oct though

Hi

I have played there a couple of times (midweek and weekends), and it is quite enjoyable - they have 3 sets of 9 holes that they mix around.

Can get quite busy at weekends.

There is Breadsol Priory (Derby), and have also enjoyed the hotel/course deals at Bransford and Hill Valley - both of these should be accessable for you.

Rich

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I don't rate the Vale...also danger of it being muddy in October. But, plenty of folk on here have been and enjoyed it.

Bowood in Wiltshire is a decent course, suspect the hotel is pricey and need to travel to a 2nd course. North Wilts or Chippenham are close by - no world beaters but decent fun. The Manor House and Players club are on your way down! (or back!)

St Pierre - Marriott hotel does decent deals. The 2nd course (Mathern) has a few very poor holes but the rest are decent...Old Course is a challenge and worth the trip.

If decent golfers... Saunton or Saunton or Saunton are all a good idea!! :)

Again, if decent golfers and a party of 12 of less.... Burnham & Berrow. Dormy house on site. 9 hole course is fun, the 18 is great. Also play the very under rated *and under priced) Weston super Mare. Lacks the big dunes of Burnham, but greens every bit as good.

Last edited:

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Look no further than east Sussex national

2 lovely courses

Decent food

Even a swimming pool

3 1/2 hour drive from Cheltenham though so it's out I'm afraid :(

Thanks for all the responses everyone, given us some good ideas.

St. Pierre is a good shout, but we're going there in 3 weeks !

D

Deleted member 17920

3 1/2 hour drive from Cheltenham though so it's out I'm afraid :(

Thanks for all the responses everyone, given us some good ideas.

St. Pierre is a good shout, but we're going there in 3 weeks !
Don’t know if it’s been mentioned yet but Aberdovey is a good break

D

Deleted member 15344

For me the best two courses within that distance you should be looking at Enville and find a Prem Inn nearby etc but for two courses they are excellent

Also if using companies would certainly look at Your Golf Travel and Golfbreaks with those two being the two most reliable companies to deal with

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 17920

For me the best two courses within that distance you should be looking at Enville and find a Prem Inn nearby etc but for two courses they are excellent

Also if using companies would certainly look at Your Golf Travel and Golfbreaks with those two being the two most reliable companies to deal with
Good shout as well.

Great set up and two really superb courses

D

Deleted member 17920

Kennysarmy

Visit site
I would highly recommend Dartmouth golf and country Club. The championship course is superb. The second Course is a full size 9 holer with two tee boxes, and is a another good test. They do fantastic deals on stay and play packages. Hotel accom is also fantastic if you all choose stay in the lodges.

Thanks - have dropped them a mail.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Sorry if I disagree but found YGT very hard to deal with when going to Northern France and having seen the set up at Find A Golf Break.com and the fact they do bespoke arrangements I would rate them above YGT all day long (and nominated for a world golf award as best outward tour provider 2019)