Best GM meets and opportunities....a recap

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Where to start? Within 3 years or so of joining the forum:-

Inverness

17 of us did 5 nights and 7 games of golf including Royal Dornoch, castle Stuart and Nairn. 8 of us stayed in a southfork styled ranch with a tennis court, swimming pool and a pool table. So nice to play great courses, have a swim, play a few games of pool and have a few beers as well as shooting the breeze. 30 odd did the weekend games as well, so nice to meet more of the Scottish lads and lasses.

H4H 2014

Great curry night, and loads of beer, won the best stableford less handicap comp, met a good few new forummers and another load of ale afterwards, as well as playing Bearwood (get better nasher) and Coombe Hill. Spent a fortune, but it was all worth it, and to see so much money raised for a good cause, and all whilst having fun, was great. Rick and Richart take organisation to a new level.:thup:

NW OOM

Now in its 3rd year, and in a better format than my ham-fisted first effort. leading going into the final and bottling it TBH, but my best score of the year (-1 gross) made it all the more sweeter. A great finals day, in great weather on a great course. Birchy and Val are doing a great job on this, but can anyone wrestle it from the Lee park massif.....

Weekend in York, Silloth/Southerness, Aberdovey, Formby/Royal Liverpool, Hillside KofK lowest gross/nett, Fish's Beau desert meet and hopefully more to come.

Won a Mizuno driver, thanks GM - no chance of winning my H4H challenge now.....

Overall? The great friends I have made in just 3 years, hopefully for life. I've since gone the match with some, had beers with others, dance-offs and ice cream by the seaside,one has done a fantastic thing for a friend of mine with regards to help and advice, one gypsy has taken up residence in our spare room from Lincolnshire, and would I meet these lads just for golf, or for bevvies also - I'd gladly have a night out with them as well.

To share a game of golf is good, to have a meal and a bevvy is great, a weekend away strengthens the bonds, 5 nights away can only be done with true friends.

We're lucky people, long may it continue. :thup:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17920

Overall? The great friends I have made in just 3 years, hopefully for life. I've since gone the match with some, had beers with others, dance-offs and ice cream by the seaside,one has done a fantastic thing for a friend of mine with regards to help and advice, one gypsy has taken up residence in our spare room from Lincolnshire, and would I meet these lads just for golf, or for bevvies also - I'd gladly have a night out with them as well.

To share a game of golf is good, to have a meal and a bevvy is great, a weekend away strengthens the bonds, 5 nights away can only be done with true friends.

We're lucky people, long may it continue. :thup:
I am nearly getting emotional reading this :D

Been on the forum for 2 years myself and what a forum this is,

1st meet for me was the Woburn meet organised by full throttle and what a great day that was, he got the weather spot on and organised the meet brilliantly and with that I signed up for more. Playing the day before at Aylesbury vale with Rickg and Ben (Oxfordcomma) was a good way to meet some internet strangers in a car park then all going out for a curry organised by Fundy was a good night out.

So far I have had some fantastic away trip but the Scottish road trip last year will take some beating, the work put in by Birchy and Liverbirdie was awesome and LB bored each club manager to death to get the best green fee deal for the forum.

The H4H weekend last year was also a highlight for me as I missed the one at West Hill the year before, playing Bearwood lakes then North Hants and then Coombe hill whilst hungover was a cracking weekend.

I have had weekends all up and down the country with the forum and long may it continue for me.

I would like to think I have got involved in as many meets as possible and I have covered some serious mileage playing golf last year, I have travelled across the M62 to the North West so many times now I may as well move there.

D

Deleted member 1147

I haven't gotten as involved as I'd have liked but intend to change this in the future.

I've been very lucky on GM opportunities - a session working on hitting it further at the Belfry (with Crimbo & RGDave), Ping Scottsdale putter fitting at FoA with Metalmickie & Rob2, and the Ping play your best day @ Gainsborough with Wookie and Wherediditgo.

Then there's the GM organised days, The Brabazon, Beau Desert and Hillside playing with Jezz, Junior, GB72, Herbie and some none-forumites

...and who could forget H4H's 2014 brilliant 2 days, North Hants with Hobbit (a model of consistency) Kraxx (great bloke) and Tappers (hits it a country mile) followed by Tidworth with RickG & Pokerjoke lovely chaps and hugely enjoyable company for 18 holes of golf. Looking forward to West Hill 2015.

Very lucky to have enjoyed all the company, all the courses and all the opportunities/freebies!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't get on here much any more, but what a thread to inspire me back on line.

Been to more meets than I can remember back in the early days.

The First and following GM England vs Scotland Ryder cup matches at Berwick were outstanding. Not just the golf, but the people I met and the fun we had in the Evenings.

The GM vs Ping day at Walton Heath was really good. Being picked to play with Jezz E against Danny Willet and Dominic (the ping dude) was one of the most enjoyable rounds I have ever played, on one of the best courses I have ever played.

Hope to get back involved as the forum looks to have quadrupled since I was here last!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Don't get on here much any more, but what a thread to inspire me back on line.

Been to more meets than I can remember back in the early days.

The First and following GM England vs Scotland Ryder cup matches at Berwick were outstanding. Not just the golf, but the people I met and the fun we had in the Evenings.

The GM vs Ping day at Walton Heath was really good. Being picked to play with Jezz E against Danny Willet and Dominic (the ping dude) was one of the most enjoyable rounds I have ever played, on one of the best courses I have ever played.

Hope to get back involved as the forum looks to have quadrupled since I was here last!

Aren't you in the NW, Tony?

If so missing out on a hell of a lot. I think there are still 2 spaces lefty in the OOM, a good way to meet the "new breed".:)

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Most certainly am, but only just rejoined the club I left four years again so don't yet have a valid H/C.

As soon as I am up and running, I'll be playing a bit more and joining in again!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Most certainly am, but only just rejoined the club I left four years again so don't yet have a valid H/C.

As soon as I am up and running, I'll be playing a bit more and joining in again!

Sometimes "arrangements" can be made (see Birchy though), but come along for the craic anyway.:thup:

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
The North East Society meets at many a varied course, great people and superb days out.

The New Golf Thinking day at The Grove was a brilliant day away, it's certainly helped me out on the course.

H4H 2013 at West Hill, my first big forum meet, really good to meet other forumers and put faces to names and then names to names. That meet was special as I played with Bill Eliiot (Kraxx and Phil) and to listen to his stories and anecdotes was entertaining, he also offered some good golfing advice which I still use. Looking forward to going back this year.

The long weekend running up to H4H at North Hants, I met so many down to earth genuinely nice people, it made the Saturday to Tuesday a superb long weekend. I'll not name people as they know who they are, but you all made me feel very welcome and made the trip down south a brilliant few days away.

H4H 2014 North Hants, just simply a superb day, brilliantly organised, on a superb course playing golf with a great bunch of lads.