Bending and Bounce

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The long contemplation over whether to change irons to a more forgiving model continues and now I've been looking at how any change will affect my wedges.
One theory is to bend my 52 degree wedge to 50. My SW is already at 55 and the 60 is at 60..
This is because the PW's of the sets I'm contemplating are 45 and 46 degrees compared to my curent 47.
Now bending the 52 to 50 will knock 2 degrees of bounce off - from 7 to 5 degrees.
Will this make any real difference to how the club plays? I'm more of a digger than a slider but not JCB stylee if you catch my drift..!!

Any thoughts..?

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
The long contemplation over whether to change irons to a more forgiving model continues and now I've been looking at how any change will affect my wedges.
One theory is to bend my 52 degree wedge to 50. My SW is already at 55 and the 60 is at 60..
This is because the PW's of the sets I'm contemplating are 45 and 46 degrees compared to my curent 47.
Now bending the 52 to 50 will knock 2 degrees of bounce off - from 7 to 5 degrees.
Will this make any real difference to how the club plays? I'm more of a digger than a slider but not JCB stylee if you catch my drift..!!

Any thoughts..?

Golf's not Rocket Science - it's way more complicated than that!!

You are right :D :D

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

Any thoughts..?

Golf's not Rocket Science - it's way more complicated than that!!

You are right :D :D

Tell me......... :D :D

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You could always order the new bats with weakened lofts to keep them the same as your current set.

That could also help avoiding a 'Rick' and airmailing greens for a month while you figure new distances out. :)