Beer Prices

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Work had a leaving do in Reading on Friday. Pint of Estrella was £5.90. Ridiculous price for a make of beer I don't enjoy. Ended up on Heineken (5% and best of a bad bunch). Got there early, had a few drinks and got out before it started getting busy.

NearHull

Visit site
You were robbed... we get Widget Cans at 85/90p...... as good as most Draught... except when you have it in Ireland..... different drink there. :eek::eek:
A few years ago my wife and I toured the Guinness Brewery in Dublin. They insisted that the Guinness served in Ireland was the same as elsewhere. There wasn’t any special brew or specially kept barrels etc, local outlets got whatever barrels were next on the list for delivery.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
A few years ago my wife and I toured the Guinness Brewery in Dublin. They insisted that the Guinness served in Ireland was the same as elsewhere. There wasn’t any special brew or specially kept barrels etc, local outlets got whatever barrels were next on the list for delivery.
It tastes the same everywhere.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The difference between supermarket and pubs is just staggering these days. You can generally get at least a four-pack of cans for the price of one pint in a pub. It's no wonder pre-drinking became a thing over a decade ago.

oxymoron

Club Champion
Visit site
The difference between supermarket and pubs is just staggering these days. You can generally get at least a four-pack of cans for the price of one pint in a pub. It's no wonder pre-drinking became a thing over a decade ago.

My family was heavily in to the pub game until a few years ago and i remember about 35 years ago when someone asked for a carry out ,my dad saying they were cheaper at the supermarket than he could get them at cost , he then stated this was the beginning of the end for some pubs . Turns out he was not far off .