Be The Coach

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
He could go and see a Pro.

I wonder what he thinks of these Mizuno MP68's?

:whistle:

He's been to see one, but I'm afraid he doesn't have my determination to practice and implement any changes, which is why I was just after a 'patch' to suggest to him.

In fairness to him he plays some great shots, but then he's just as likely to hit a great drive up 18 when we're 1 up and fat his approach 50yds to gift the hole. I have no cause to complain though because I was 3 off the tee (again :mad:).

As for MP-68's, you could fit 3 of those inside 1 of his G2's!

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
He's starting his backswing with a shoulder turn which is dragging the club off line. Its a slicers path but he manages to close the club face at impact so ends with a straight pull or pull hook.

He is basically hitting from the top and instead needs to be patient. At the top when his backswing completes he should think, DO NOT TURN MY SHOULDERS. His arms need to swing down into a better position first. Getting a head start on the shoulders.

As a drill if he exaggerates this and literally tries to freeze his shoulders in their fully open position at the top. The arms will still swing down but he should feel that he can hit from the inside a lot more than he did before.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
He's starting his backswing with a shoulder turn which is dragging the club off line. Its a slicers path but he manages to close the club face at impact so ends with a straight pull or pull hook.

He is basically hitting from the top and instead needs to be patient. At the top when his backswing completes he should think, DO NOT TURN MY SHOULDERS. His arms need to swing down into a better position first. Getting a head start on the shoulders.

As a drill if he exaggerates this and literally tries to freeze his shoulders in their fully open position at the top. The arms will still swing down but he should feel that he can hit from the inside a lot more than he did before.

Whats wrong with a one piece takeaway? You dont start with your hand and arms only!

As for the drill I think that should read closed not open? If you start the downswing with the hips it will pull the arms and hand into position!

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Whats wrong with a one piece takeaway? You dont start with your hand and arms only!

As for the drill I think that should read closed not open? If you start the downswing with the hips it will pull the arms and hand into position!

Correction sorry, it meant to be downswing not backswing. I hope that now makes sense.