Be carefull what you wish for.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I hope you find what you are looking for. I'm sure when you sit HID down and explain the rationale of excessive spin rate, shaft flex, smash factor etc she'll be more than happy for you to fork out on another set. That or she's going to put your chap in the blender.

Mind you once you factor in the resale of the current clubs then the hit for a set that really suits isn't that huge. Enjoy the process on Saturday

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
HTML:
Nice little gizmo that DNA thing.

Out of interest what were your DNA numbers and what shafts were recommended?

Swing speed averaged 80
Not sure next one was
Temp was around 4/5
Hand roll was 9 constant

Suggested shafts were

TT dynalite xps300
Nippon 1150 stiff
Kbs tour stiff
Project x 5.0

The tt xps300 and kbs tour wear suggested as soft step'd but the Nippon and project x were straight fit.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Mind you once you factor in the resale of the current clubs then the hit for a set that really suits isn't that huge. Enjoy the process on Saturday

Pretty mUch bang on, the two sets of irons are only 300 or 350, mine should make £200, my fairways are 280 ish, mine should make 80.00 and I have a few spare clubs that are being cleared do once my surplus club stock has gone I shouldn't be any money out of pocket.

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Swing speed averaged 80
Not sure next one was
Temp was around 4/5
Hand roll was 9 constant

Suggested shafts were

TT dynalite xps300
Nippon 1150 stiff
Kbs tour stiff
Project x 5.0

The tt xps300 and kbs tour wear suggested as soft step'd but the Nippon and project x were straight fit.

Interesting.

I did mine last year just for fun really and was a very steady 77 mph on all 3 swings. With 4's and 5's for the other factors iirc. Recommended Dynalite Gold XP R300, KBS Tour Reg and Project X 5.0.

Really confirmed what I thought anyway, i.e. moderate swing speed needing a lightweight regular shaft with mid-high flight. Maybe not surprising for a slightly undersized middle aged middle handicapper.

Didn't find much difference in ball flight when I hit these and they all felt pretty good.

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mashie, can you remember what the other figure was, I can remember speed tempo and hand roll , was the other one impact angle?

Hi the 4 factors are

Tempo
Toe Down
Kick angle and
Release factor

Theres a good bit about hwhat these mean here on the Mizzy site plus some comparisons with Mizzy staff players

http://golf.mizunoeurope.com/custom/swing-dna.php

Luke's are 92, 4, 4, 5, 5

Scottjd1

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If by 'hand roll' you mean release which is the last of the numbers a 9 is very high.

It determines at what point in the swing you are releasing the club head 9 being early and 1 being late. I guess its desireable to be 3-4 if possible.

I'd check the 9 is correct as that would be a definite casting issue (or similar).

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I do release slightly early I suppose, but the guy in AG was under the impression the higher the number the better. He did comment a good percentage of players have low release numbers around 1-2 and the 9 was a better spectrum end to be at, I suppose in hindsight a level pegging 5.5.5.5 across the board could be deemed as perfect?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
There's a few of us on here isn't there! Only been down there the once this season for the West Ham game but hoping to make another trip down before the end of the season. Followed them home and away for a few years but kids and life in general took over, I'm lucky I was allowed to join the golf club!

There are a few. I havnt been this year yet, largely due to lack of time and being out of action with my hip replacement and the fact tht my son's other half is expecting and he finds it more difficult to come too.

I saw my first game in 1967 and have been on and off since and was a season ticket holder during the last Premiership campaign. I do most of the "big ones" the FA Cup where we beat Man U 3 -3

There are quite a number of us at my golf club

harvey4banger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Right I think I've got to stop you in your tracks Bazil. Your 6ft 3 or 4 right and your playing with standard lenght and standard lie clubs, surely 75% of your problem is right there.

I would say, you should have clubs possibly 2 deg up and maybe half an inch longer than standard at least

harvey4banger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

They must have short measuring sticks in Croydon. Anyway, golf clubs are made for people of an average height, which according to the guy I got fitted with is 5ft 8 to 5 10. When fitted for my TM's, I was told I was in between 1 and 2 deg up and if I wanted I could go half an inch longer and I'm 6ft, so there is no way on this earth Bazil, you should be playing with standard clubs.