Be carefull what you wish for.

StrangelyBrown

Tour Winner
Visit site
They must have short measuring sticks in Croydon. Anyway, golf clubs are made for people of an average height, which according to the guy I got fitted with is 5ft 8 to 5 10. When fitted for my TM's, I was told I was in between 1 and 2 deg up and if I wanted I could go half an inch longer and I'm 6ft, so there is no way on this earth Bazil, you should be playing with standard clubs.

I'm 6ft and my bats are +.5" and 1* up, as recommended by the mizuno fitter.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I posted on the other very similar thread - I'm 6ft and my arms are quite long and they c/f said that I should have shorter shafts- it was agreed to stick with standard and grip 1/2" down the shaft so as to maintain the balance of the club and also help the resale value

It could be that a player of 6ft 3" could still only need standard club length on my example

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
I do release slightly early I suppose, but the guy in AG was under the impression the higher the number the better. He did comment a good percentage of players have low release numbers around 1-2 and the 9 was a better spectrum end to be at, I suppose in hindsight a level pegging 5.5.5.5 across the board could be deemed as perfect?

OS, there are lots of posts about this on the Mizzy forum (a good place for real techy info about Mizzy gear).

There is no perfect set of numbers and no particular combination is better than others. Here's a selection from the Mizzy site

Charles Howell III - 95, 8, 4, 3, 4,
Chris Wood - 95, 6, 5, 6, 4
Daniel Vancsik - 103, 8, 8, 6, 2
Stacy Lewis - 83, 2, 4, 5, 7

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Cheers mashie, good news is I think my new irons are sorted ;)

Better news still HID is paying for them while I wait for some " retired stock " to clear....... Is it wrong to go woods shopping already :)

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
na, trying to shop within a budget plus my bladder control is to precise for anything PING in my bag ;)

Oi Barry............I only wet myself ONCE........The 1st time I saw that beautiful Matte Black Big Dog :rolleyes:

Has NEVER happened since.............I Promise

Good luck in your quest for new Shinies
On the subject of standard length, or Not, Irons
It isnt all about your height
It is about arm length, and angle of attack with swing too

So regardless of anybodys height its all about how the club returns at impact really

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Cheers mashie, good news is I think my new irons are sorted ;)

Better news still HID is paying for them while I wait for some " retired stock " to clear....... Is it wrong to go woods shopping already :)

Wooooooo Baz !! what the hell is going on? what have you gone and done now?

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
The point of this thread is that for 6 months ive held back on distance trying to swing smooth, but its not been through a swing fault, its been due to my clubs being incorrect for my swing. So by wishing for a free driver fitting (which i must add was very much appreciated GM:thup:) im now faced with a bill for new irons, and new fairways,..,

Pros - i get new shineys and there will be some stuff in the forsale section here

Cons - HID is going to go BONKERS!:mmm:

Ying & Yang, old chap, the pleasure and the pain so to speak.