Banned

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
No place for commonsense on here Bob :thup:[/QUOTE

Yes there is, it's my thread :)

Back to the op......

If a club has notoriously slow players, they should be banned from going out early in a comp. Put them out at the end.
Likewise fast players should go out first.

A bit like 3 cars on a single track road..... Ferrari out first, Ford second and the 3 wheeler out last.
Everyone is happy

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'd definitely ban alignment lines on golf balls, both by manufacturers or drawn on lines by players.

Its a complete joke how long it takes most players, professional and amateur, to line their ball up on the green.

Just look at the green, put the ball down, pick up your marker, and hit the putt. Quit all the faffing over whether the ball is lined up 0.01mm off line.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m sure all these mentioning pace of play are either single figure golfers or been playing it for years.
Not everybody plays at the same pace or learns at the same rate.
Ours isn’t a long course and a 4Ball can easily get round under 3.5hrs, but not everytime in every comp.
We turning into a game that goes against the saying “You should learn to walk before you run”
slowest golfer at my club is the lowest handicapper +2 , we have told him not to put his name with us anymore until he can speed up it is absolutely painful.

D

Deleted member 16999

slowest golfer at my club is the lowest handicapper +2 , we have told him not to put his name with us anymore until he can speed up it is absolutely painful.
Maybe there’s a connection between his handicap and his pace of play?

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
My club has a sign on 3 of the holes, 2 front and one back 9 just to say how long it should have taken a 4 ball to reach that stage to try encourage pace of play to be thought about

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Maybe there’s a connection between his handicap and his pace of play?

so all slow players should be + cappers????

He is one of the best golfers I know. A really likeable lad we get on really well considering the age gap (37yrs) .
But when he puts his Nick Faldo head on he is painfully slow.
PSR , yardage check, check again.
the worst is his lining the putt up it’s just ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 16999

so all slow players should be + cappers????

He is one of the best golfers I know. A really likeable lad we get on really well considering the age gap (37yrs) .
But when he puts his Nick Faldo head on he is painfully slow.
PSR , yardage check, check again.
the worst is his lining the putt up it’s just ridiculous.
Were did I say all slow players should be + cappers? maybe for HIM it’s a natural pace for HIM to play at that level, do any of us have the right to make him change and possibly risk his enjoyment of the game?

Once again though nobody can define slow play with one cap fits all.

We all walk at a different pace, some have no psr. etc etc

Slow play for me is more about ignorance of rules and bad etiquette.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Were did I say all slow players should be + cappers? maybe for HIM it’s a natural pace for HIM to play at that level, do any of us have the right to make him change and possibly risk his enjoyment of the game?

Does he have the right to risk the majority of the fields enjoyment by his deliberate slow play? It has to be looked at both ways.

I suspect that the majority of the field would wish to finish in sub 4 hours.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Id say he'd be more maticulous then anything considering he gives the course 2 shots. There is a reason why he plays off +2 and it ain't cos he's going round like Usain Bolt.

D

Deleted member 16999

Does he have the right to risk the majority of the fields enjoyment by his deliberate slow play? It has to be looked at both ways.

I suspect that the majority of the field would wish to finish in sub 4 hours.
The poster who mentioned he’s the slowest in the Club didn’t state a time, maybe this guy finished in 3hr 59 min and normally they go round in 3:30.
It’s you that’s putting a 4hr stamp on it.

Maybe he could be asked to tee off late, but I certainly don’t think he should be asked to change his ways at that level.

D

Deleted member 15717

With all the stuff wanting to be banned, i’m amazed people still play and enjoy golf!

chris3081

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Everyone should be allowed to enjoy their round without being rushed, but likewise faster players shouldn’t have to ask to be let through. Slow players need to be politely reminded they should be more aware of others

hors limite

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Players that aren't ready to play. The putting green is the worst. The culprit twitches as if suddenly returning to consciousness when he suddenly realises that we are all waiting for him. It is only then that he starts to prowl around assessing the line from all possible angles while your own thoughts turn quietly to cattle prods.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I'd definitely ban alignment lines on golf balls, both by manufacturers or drawn on lines by players.

Its a complete joke how long it takes most players, professional and amateur, to line their ball up on the green.

Just look at the green, put the ball down, pick up your marker, and hit the putt. Quit all the faffing over whether the ball is lined up 0.01mm off line.

The problem is not the line on the ball, though, but players idling around instead of preparing their own putts while others are doing the same. I do use an alignment line, but my ball is usually lined up and ready to go by the time it is my time to putt. The only exception is when I am in somebody elses putt line or direct line of sight, in which case it might take me another 5 to 10 seconds to squat down and line it up. But even without the line I'd probably squat down behind the ball anyway, because I find it easier to see the break that way.