Balls

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Perusing the GM forum last week and came across a piece where a member had played with a Snell ball. I thought am sure Ave got one of them in me bag ( found). I thought it was along the same standards as a pinnacle, top flight, Dunlop etc. Anyway I remember the person saying on here it’s similar quality to a Pro V1. So today I dug it out and had nine holes with it.
Flippin eck, what a ball. Every drive was sublime, but the ball flight was something I have never really had before. I smashed it OOB on the second hole with a 3 wood thinking it would fade. I quickly found it and played the rest of the holes. The sound off the face was lovely. Shorty game was very good. Tashy yo was very very impressed.
Now am sure there is golf ball snobbery, it’s been discussed before On here. Now I usually play with an Ad333, tru or tour soft and Pro V1, but my best rounds were with a chromesoft. I cannot remember the last time I bought a ball as I have that many. But this Snell ball is deffo as good as I have hit. So how comes it is not as popular as the branded name balls. Is it marketing or what. Not only that, is there anything else, and I don’t just mean balls that deserve more credit and respect than what they get.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
newish brand that doesnt have the advertising or pro player budget of the big brands hence lower profile and price, Dean Snell is ex Titleist ex Taylor Made and clearly knows his stuff

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Perusing the GM forum last week and came across a piece where a member had played with a Snell ball. I thought am sure Ave got one of them in me bag ( found). I thought it was along the same standards as a pinnacle, top flight, Dunlop etc. Anyway I remember the person saying on here it’s similar quality to a Pro V1. So today I dug it out and had nine holes with it.
Flippin eck, what a ball. Every drive was sublime, but the ball flight was something I have never really had before. I smashed it OOB on the second hole with a 3 wood thinking it would fade. I quickly found it and played the rest of the holes. The sound off the face was lovely. Shorty game was very good. Tashy yo was very very impressed.
Now am sure there is golf ball snobbery, it’s been discussed before On here. Now I usually play with an Ad333, tru or tour soft and Pro V1, but my best rounds were with a chromesoft. I cannot remember the last time I bought a ball as I have that many. But this Snell ball is deffo as good as I have hit. So how comes it is not as popular as the branded name balls. Is it marketing or what. Not only that, is there anything else, and I don’t just mean balls that deserve more credit and respect than what they get.
Very unpredictable and defo not biased, you never know if they'll fade or not :ROFLMAO:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
O
newish brand that doesnt have the advertising or pro player budget of the big brands hence lower profile and price, Dean Snell is ex Titleist ex Taylor Made and clearly knows his stuff[/QUOTE

Now there’s something I didn’t know re Mr Dean Snell.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
The
Perusing the GM forum last week and came across a piece where a member had played with a Snell ball. I thought am sure Ave got one of them in me bag ( found). I thought it was along the same st But this Snell ball is deffo as good as I have hit. So how comes it is not as popular as the branded name balls. Is it marketing or what. Not only that, is there anything else, and I don’t just mean balls that deserve more credit and respect than what they get.

The guys on the My Golf Spy forum love the Snell ball.
Never tried it myself.

Springveldt

Visit site
The guy that designs the ball also helped design the first ProV and the TP5 so he knows how to make a good ball.

Out of all the direct to consumer balls his is the one I’d have the most confidence in.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Black or Red?

I cannot remember which of two colours I tried ( I know it was the one with less spin) but I gave it back to the person who gave it to after because it did not spin as well as what I normally use.

One of the mags was giving away a dozen with every new subscription last summer.

Last edited:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Results from the ball test indicate mtx is as good if not better under certain conditions than pro vx.
But at £30/ dozen there are other options that were shown to be comparable.
Seriously after all the stuff on Monday, driver spin numbers are driving my selection and if that spin is high and the wedge and 7 iron numbers are close to the higher spinning end, I am interested. Then mix that with total cost of under £30/ dozen and I am in.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I got a 12 ball sample pack and was very disappointed. As it was Winter I got the balls in yellow but after playing 2 shots with the 1st ball the yellow was already marked and showing as white, like the yellow colour as coming away.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I have 6 dozen sitting in my hallway waiting for summer.
I play a red Wilson ball at the moment as I find it easier in current conditions, and they don’t have any at snell.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I got a 12 ball sample pack and was very disappointed. As it was Winter I got the balls in yellow but after playing 2 shots with the 1st ball the yellow was already marked and showing as white, like the yellow colour as coming away.
That's called an old Donavan , Mellow Yellow, goes right like a electrical banana :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 23270

I like to try all the latest balls to see if I prefer anything to my preferred ball (TP5x). Booked a launch monitor session next Wednesday to compare TP5x, Pro V1, Pro V1x, Snell MTB and MTB x and a Pearl Pro. I'll be using driver, 7i and wedge.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I like to try all the latest balls to see if I prefer anything to my preferred ball (TP5x). Booked a launch monitor session next Wednesday to compare TP5x, Pro V1, Pro V1x, Snell MTB and MTB x and a Pearl Pro. I'll be using driver, 7i and wedge.

Sounds like a bit of fun. ?

Springveldt

Visit site
That’s a lot of balls to test in 1 sitting. I’m guessing you don’t have an issue with striking the ball.
I got on a trackman a couple of weekends ago and tested 3 different balls, that’s all I could manage in 1 hour when I had to delete the miss hits.

D

Deleted member 23270

That’s a lot of balls to test in 1 sitting. I’m guessing you don’t have an issue with striking the ball.
I got on a trackman a couple of weekends ago and tested 3 different balls, that’s all I could manage in 1 hour when I had to delete the miss hits.
Yeah ball striking is pretty consistent. I'll hit maybe 8-10 shots with each ball to get a baseline then pick the best 2 or 3 balls before trying a few shots with driver and wedge.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
was give a sleeve of them a while ago and expected a lot esp as the guy that designed them did some great balls before.

i was a little disappointed TBH, in saying that i have so many prv1's left i doubt i would be splashing out on any new ones anyway