Ball-your best round

RustyTom

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My best round was with a slazenger that i found in a bush after putting my first OB on the 1st hole. After shooting my best round that round, i went on to play the following round with the same ball, kept it in play all round and shot 40 points off the white tees.

My goto ball tho is ad333 tour or soft feel.

PuttPuttSteve

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I usually play ProV1 in the summer when the greens are not so soft, but at this time of year I'm using up my stock of bargain basement Bridgestone Extra Soft. Had my best ever round using a Bridgestone ES last Saturday - 2 over gross.

Also like the Mizuno MP-S, which Golf Depot are doing a deal on currently.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I can shoot anything from level to + loads with a Z Star or a Callaway Chrome Soft.

Likewise I can also do that with an AD333 Tour.

Preferred ball is a Chrome Soft Truvis but don't think it performs any better or worse than a Pro V or a TM TP etc.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bridgestone 330s I was stood on 11th tee 6 under gross, before a silly thought crept in then had a mini melt down after but had 7 birdies with 3 on the bounce.

Dont use, won't use and even toss found ProV's away.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Interesting reading the best ball threads but seriously does it really matter what ball and what condition its in.

In the summer I will play a Prov1x usually found or bought with vouchers but a real body blow if one sails into a bush or field never to be seen again,however in the winter it could be a battered Prov or x or any old ball in the bag.

However my 2 best rounds at 2 different courses have been with battered a old Titleist tour balls and a Sxrizon soft feel battered beyond recognition.

Is it really the premium ball or is it just if your playing well on the day.

I saw Peter Finch mention some real premium balls are coming out soon from various manufactures to rival the Titleist Prov1 and X[about time too] its about time we realised that Titleist PB are way too expensive and need a rival.

Can you remember your best round and wether you played a premium ball or a battered cheaper ball.

My short game is everything to me. Only a premium ball gives me what I need in that department. Really surprised the guys I've seen who spend a fortune on gear to then skimp on the ball. Just my opinion of course but all my best scores, competition only, have been posted with a new ball on the day.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Couldn't remember but probably a Noodle or Wilson

The ones I do remember are when I find a good condition ball while looking for a lost one and stick it into play straightaway and end up finishing the round with it, recently found:
titleist NXT 21 points in 7 holes
Callaway supersoft (Bright pink) 11 points in 4 holes

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I was sent a Titleist test ball by Robbo, (a forum member and old mate) It's clearly a Pro v of sorts and goes really well . He played one round with it and I've played the last 4 rounds and despite trying hard, I cannot manage to lose it. If this becomes a Pro v1 in the future it'll be awesome if believe

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I play with Pro V1/V1x practice balls when I can. Perfectly legal and half the cost.

I strike out the word practice with a sharpie and it doubles as an alignment marker.

Best of both worlds.

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My best round was with a slazenger that i found in a bush after putting my first OB on the 1st hole. After shooting my best round that round, i went on to play the following round with the same ball, kept it in play all round and shot 40 points off the white tees.

My goto ball tho is ad333 tour or soft feel.

Funny how that happens innit, I've got a couple of cheapo's which I keep in the bag just incase I'm having one of those 'lose a ball every other fairway' days, one of which is a 'Wilson something or other' amazing how some of my best rounds have been played with that ball, the fact that I've still got it about 18 months after finding it is testament to how well I perform with it. :thup: