Ball-your best round

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
On the odd occasion I've bought a box of Pro V1 I've always found I lose distance with them and to be honest I really can't say they have a better feel than the AD 333 that I've used for years. Prov1x are slightly better distance wise,but again no better feeling for me than a Cheapo AD333.
I've an average Driver Swing speed of 98mph if it makes any difference either way.

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
My most successful round was when I won captains day in my first ever tournament.. I played off 27 and shot 92 ish. Anyway can I Eck as like remember what ball it was.
But I remember aging twitch TM tour preferred balls and thinking they are the danglies. But I went through a month of playing really well with them and then a month of losing about £50s worth.
I honestly think that when you are swinging well it does not matter if you are playing with a Pro V1 or a conker.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
My most successful round was when I won captains day in my first ever tournament.. I played off 27 and shot 92 ish. Anyway can I Eck as like remember what ball it was.
But I remember aging twitch TM tour preferred balls and thinking they are the danglies. But I went through a month of playing really well with them and then a month of losing about £50s worth.
I honestly think that when you are swinging well it does not matter if you are playing with a Pro V1 or a conker.

Can you spin a conker?

D

Deleted member 16999

Interesting reading the best ball threads but seriously does it really matter what ball and what condition its in.

In the summer I will play a Prov1x usually found or bought with vouchers but a real body blow if one sails into a bush or field never to be seen again,however in the winter it could be a battered Prov or x or any old ball in the bag.

However my 2 best rounds at 2 different courses have been with battered a old Titleist tour balls and a Sxrizon soft feel battered beyond recognition.

Is it really the premium ball or is it just if your playing well on the day.

I saw Peter Finch mention some real premium balls are coming out soon from various manufactures to rival the Titleist Prov1 and X[about time too] its about time we realised that Titleist PB are way too expensive and need a rival.

Can you remember your best round and wether you played a premium ball or a battered cheaper ball.

Best round was this year with a Bridgestone B330S, only hole in one was with a Pro V1X.

At the mid-handicapper range I'd say it makes very little difference what we use and like new clubs that you think are the holy grail it's all pyschological, although I prefer to stick with one brand for consistency.😃

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Up to this year i only played titleist , Pro V's in Qual season , dt solo or the like rest of time , im now using Wilson Staff DX and will be staying with them for near future

best Qual round was level par , best round was -3 in society outing both with new or nearly new pro v

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Shot my first 2 sub par rounds with a TopFlite Z-Balata, since then I've shot level with Tour balls and NXT types and shot my best ever -4 with a Callaway iTour...
If you're playing well, at our level, it won't make a huge difference.

GeeJay

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Can't be sure about the ball, my best score so far is 79 (10 over) probably with a Wilson DX2. I like how they feel off the putter and they don't feel like I'm hitting a stone off the tee either but still go a good distance. I only play with a Pro VI if I find one. Actually like the new TruSoft ball.

stevench

Club Champion
Visit site
This was last weekend for me in a fiddle, shot a 79 with a bridgestone xfixx, I play off 17.
A fair bit of banter ensued in the clubhouse, 44 points with 2 blobs.

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Nowt wrong with the good ole 'Soft feels' which I've recently gone back too having tried lots of other options of late, although I do have to say that 'ProV's' are a good ball, tried 'Callaway' amongst others, their 'Warbirds' feel like musket balls off the club face, yuk.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My best round (90) was with a Soft Feel, but in general I don't think that the ball makes much difference to me.

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My best rounds have been with Ad333's, I only usuallly play with them anyway so useless fact really. If I do play a different ball I notice little difference except for putting. I like to have confidence in a ball I know really well for pace when putting and hate hearing a clunk/click that you can get with some balls. Also not happy with a tatty ball on the green.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Usually hunt around for the best deals... I've just got 5 dozen z star xv's for a bargain. Should last me a week or so ;)
The biggest difference I find is putting though. I can hook the pants off any ball, premium or not....

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Never been under par without a decent Titleist. If I'm playing something of significance then it's my first choice simply for the short game feel - that's where I'll make the score.