Ball falling off tee

Bwgan

Hacker
Visit site
I’m guessing it’s tough if the ball falls off the tee during the swing?

1st tee for me today, driver, coming down to hit the ball it starts falling over 🤯 amazingly I thought I made good contact and off it flew... turned around and all my partners are looking in shock on how I actually hit it! But after all the banter.. no-one has looked where it went 😖 blob first hole

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes, tough. You made your stroke and it counts.
If you had realised soon enough and pulled out or steered your club past the ball, it wouldn't have counted

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, tough. You made your stroke and it counts.
If you had realised soon enough and pulled out or steered your club past the ball, it wouldn't have counted
The Tiger and the bird defence! At the Masters.
Good luck with that with most ordinary golfers
“Yes lads I deliberately missed because the ball was falling off the tee”
Don’t think mere mortals have the reactions to play that shot/miss but you never know.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I hadn't seen this happen for years but in the last month I've seen it happen twice!

In both caes the guy made decent contact and it went straight, if not very far.

Wonder if the soft ground makes the tee move?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
“One!”

*much laughter ensues*
Just in case anyone doesn't know, it is compulsory, should a ball fall off a tee when no stroke is made, for some bright spark to come out with this ...
They then wonder why they have trouble walking to their ball with their 9 iron shoved where the sun don't shine!!!

Bwgan

Hacker
Visit site
I hadn't seen this happen for years but in the last month I've seen it happen twice!

In both caes the guy made decent contact and it went straight, if not very far.

Wonder if the soft ground makes the tee move?

I was on a mat, it was just wind 💨
Or maybe I’d not pushed the castle tee far enough in... but I’m sticking with the wind theory

mini_me

www.spreadshirt.co.uk
If you hit the ball during your swing and the ball remains in the teeing area your allowed to tee the ball back up. But only if the ball remains in the teeing area 👍

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
mini-me is right

6) When Ball in Play Lies in Teeing Area. If the player’s ball in play is in the teeing area after a stroke (such as a teed ball after a stroke that missed the ball) or after taking relief, the player may:

• Lift or move the ball without penalty (see Rule 9.4b, Exception 1), and

• Play that ball or another ball from anywhere in the teeing area from a tee or the ground under (2), including playing the ball as it lies.