Bad service from SkyCaddie and Linx GT

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am really disappointed in SkyCaddie. I ordered their new Linx GT on April 13 after seeing an advert in GM. A GPS that operates as a watch and also on your smartphone with the added benefit of game tracking similar to Game Golf, I thought it was ideal. On visiting their website to order they said it was "coming soon" and "ships in April 2016". Against my better judgment as it took them forever to launch Skytrak in the UK, I paid my £269.
In the last few days of April, their website pre order page changed to "Ships May 2016". A week or so ago I spoke with support on their "Chat Now" live chat facility through their website and was told that shipping had begun.
Today, I checked their website again and it now says "Ships June 2016". I chatted with support again and was told that final testing was still underway " to ensure we provide you with the best product".
With no confidence that I am going to receive my order anytime soon, I cancelled and was told I would receive a refund in "2 or 3 business days. Have a nice day."

From a company like SkyCaddie or Sky Golf or whatever they are called, I think this is really disappointing. They are taking customers money and proving absolutely no feedback whatsoever on the progress of their order or delays and leaving it to their customer to chase them. Clearly, when I chatted with support a week or so ago and was told they were already being shipped, I was lied to.
If this was an internet golf retailer taking orders but not fulfilling them and not communicating with their customers over delays of months, this forum would be full of steer clear warnings and rightly so. So my advice is stay clear, especially of pre ordering with this company. If you want one of their products get it from your pro or a store that can hand it over there and then. Even so, after this I would have no confidence in post purchase customer service. If you have ordered a Linx GT I would get on to SkyCaddie right away.

Last edited:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
IT sounds to me like they're having problems with the software and it's probably a good think you've cancelled. I'd certainly wait until it's released and got some feedback on reliability and performance. Personally I dont use Skycaddie as I'm not prepared to be stung for annual fees!

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
In my experience of new SkyCaddie products is that they rarely stick to their release schedule and once the product is released you have to be prepared for numerous bugs and fixes before the product is 100% working as it should.

I had the SkyCaddie SGX-w and the Touch and both were late in being released and both had a lot of issues. I don’t think the Touch was more than 80% working when released and certain advertised features weren't switched on until a few months after purchase as the software wasn’t ready.

In the case of the Linx GT it’s been advertised all over the shot and on pre-order for ages however if you speak to anyone in customer services they can never give you an answer as to what the hold ups are or when shipping is going to start. I ended up going through a reseller to find out what exactly is happening and there is an issue with the software and that is why the release has been delayed. They don’t know how long the delay is so be prepared for either a decent wait or a product that is rushed out and has to have patches applied to the software.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
I think a lot of companies do this now where they release products that they know are not 100% perfect and it takes times for all the bugs to be ironed out. Suppose the moral of the story is wait until a product has been released for a bit so you know it's stable and as bug free as possible.