Ashburnham Golf Club

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Playing Ashburnham on Sunday/Monday and know nothing about it at all, in fact, I'd never even heard of it before my Sunday roll up group booked it and announced it.

So, have any of you lovely people played it, and if so, any advice?

Siren

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Can be an extremely tough course if its blowing, pure Links and one of the finest courses in Wales truth be told.

Opening hole is a par 3 which can be anything from a 5 iron to a 9 iron.

No real advice I can gie you as I have never played well there, just enjoy it :)

D

Deleted Member 1156

I played it years ago, can't remember much other than it being a really decent track. Clubhouse is set on a hill so first goes down then 18th back up if I remember correctly, rest of it is pretty flat. Quality course, enjoy! :thup:

Ndw7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This my favourite course. As an old colleague of mine is a member here I get to play it around 3/4 times a year. As it's already been said, the first is a tricky par 3 if the range is against you and can be anything from a 9 iron to a hybrid for me!

The third is a short par 4, do not use driver! Hit a club that goes around 190/200 yard into the widest part of the fairway andfice yourself a good look at the green.

The front 9 is pretty much into the wind 99% of the times you play, so it kind of beats you up on the way out. Coming back the wind is with you every hole so it helps you out a fair bit.

It's a really nice course, but in poor conditions it's a really difficult test of golf. On a glorious day like I had the last time I played with concrete like fairways, you can really score well.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!