Article on Mind Control

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Saw this article online:
http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/instructio...html#addcomment

and thought I'd let you know it works!

Russell is very patient and able to explain things in simple terms that make it easy to apply his techniques on the course.

I've won more games than lost because of his help, and although I'm more competitive now, it still hasn't affected my enjoyment during a round, nor has it affected my involvement in banter during a game.

I'd recommend him to anyone wanting to improve their game.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
It's interesting that he mentions the little red dot on Oooousthousing's glove helped him to focus, I normally find that actually having a club in my hand does the trick as it's not there if I'm not about to play a shot

Bratty

Visit site
It's interesting that he mentions the little red dot on Oooousthousing's glove helped him to focus, I normally find that actually having a club in my hand does the trick as it's not there if I'm not about to play a shot
Having seen you play, I'd suggest you should be first in the queue for some help! :D

This has been done before hasn't it ? Isn't it Tigger that tugs the left hand side of his golf shirt on the shoulder.
When he does that he knows he is in "the zone" and its time to focus

Bratty

Visit site
I thought he tugged something else when it was time to focus? ;)

That's why he's divorced!

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
this is completely true that you can mess up a round by not being focused on a hole, so many times you may top it and think "oh for fsake", get yourself into a tizz and do it again.

If you can calm down, take a breath and take your time you can get back on track. This has helped my game to no end.

A good bit of reading material is Bob Rotella's "Your 15th Club" - really good read and it is only £3 or so on amazon. I read "Golf is not a game or perfect" but its not as good. "Putting out of your mind" is next on my shelf!

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had a round once with a mind coach - never again!
To start with he was disorganised - it took ages to sort out where & when. When we did meet we started with an 'interview' - what I want from golf, where I see my problems, how I practice etc. Nothing too different from arranging lessons with a new pro.
Then we moved onto the course. Grim. He really didn't want to chat, just for me to answer his questions, which were mostly (almost exclusively) 'what club did you use' - never 'why?' just 'what'. Throughout there was only one other comment 'Was I aware there are two types of golfer, technical and power? Me: 'No' - end of topic !!!!????
Give him his due - he did help to find the ones in the shrubbery.

His summary afterward, no matter how true, was entirely negative - I didn't have a pre-shot routine, I didn't have a post shot routine (I put the club in the bag before I went to find the ball - what more is there?), I didn't have a between shot routine (wtf!). There was not one positive despite going round only one or two over par after a decidedly shaky start).

Most miserable experience on a golf course.