Are your golf grips the right size?

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Golf Pride BCT full cord built up to 1/32" oversize.

Feels ok to me.

Btw. I also came up at midsize on Lamkin, Golf Pride and Ping yet prefer what I have.

Personal preference I suppose.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Tis very easy, if middle and third finger just presses into fleshy pad on thumb its about right, too small and it'll contribute to a hook, too big and you'll accentuate a slice.

Hendo007

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I went on holiday a couple of weeks ago and while i was away i left all my irons with my pro how put new grips on then and made them fatter by half an inch I believe (I might be wrong will need to double check with him) I do feel a difference by a mile now, My iron play is back to the best its been for a long time however I canny hit my driver and my 3 wood anymore.. The reason I never got them done as they are only a year or two old and the grips on them are perfect whereas the grips on my irons are the same ones since i got the clubs about 4/5 years ago. I'm not saying its down to the grips that I can't get off the tee as i could hit my driver and 3 wood well enough last year but perhaps the fact that there is a difference between the driver/3 wood and my irons now is making it worse. I'll need to sort it out asap though as I had a horror round at the weekend and it was mostly down to appalling tee shots.

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I went to a demo day today. Unfortunately they only had clubs with standard sized grips, and boy did I hit some hooks and shanks until I re-arranged my grip somewhat. The fitting pro agreed that I need a few extra layers of tape under my grips, as I couldn't grip the club securely because my fingertips were digging into my palms. My glove size is Medium-Large by the way.

Last edited: