Are you allowed to take the flags out yet?

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Would have to say, though there's little to no science behind it, I think golf england has done alright at keeping prople safe, its made some pretty simple, easy to apply rules, that dont hugely impact the enjoyment and keep safe and sensible actions in peoples minds.

People/Golfers have proven time and again that given an inch they'll take a mile, so I think the current status is as good compromise as we could have hoped.

Ive just given a compliment to the authorities there - feel free to ignore.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Would have to say, though there's little to no science behind it, I think golf england has done alright at keeping prople safe, its made some pretty simple, easy to apply rules, that dont hugely impact the enjoyment and keep safe and sensible actions in peoples minds.

People/Golfers have proven time and again that given an inch they'll take a mile, so I think the current status is as good compromise as we could have hoped.

Ive just given a compliment to the authorities there - feel free to ignore.

Spot on, when it all started it was "oh just give us golf back, take the flags away if Ness we dont need comps just want to get out" then after the novelty wore off it was oh but the flags. Rakes... Oh I want comps etc etc

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
We could take ours out (and rake bunkers) this weekend, there is a sanitizer on every tee, I took the flag out on all the short putts but my playing partners preferred to leave them in. the holes looked big and I felt more confident putting. It was nice playing out of raked bunkers too

D

Deleted member 21258

Cant take them out yet.

A couple of places I will be glad when you can, as keep getting bounce outs due to the lift up mechanisms on the pole or 'cheap' poles leaning. The other places are perfectly fine with them left in.