Are you a stats addict?

carldudley

Visit site
Currently sat here going through Shotscope and updating every hole from yesterday's round. I love my stats but this is tiresome and I can't remember every shot on every hole. I think the shotscope is going back and reverting to my Garmin which just had Score, missed fairway left/right and number of putts.

I would love to find something that gives me all my stats but Shotscope just needs far too much post-round editing for my liking

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
They are. Do you hit the sweetspot every shot?

No, and I know low cat1’s that don’t so again your statement carries no weight.

Was I hitting the sweat spot on all drives - no, but I was there abouts and hitting 95% of fairways any misses where the side I wanted so the driver was good. My irons were spot on but I could often miss greens marginally but my weakness was putting and I’d also drop shots on p5’s by trying to get on everyone in 2. This was evident by looking at these stats and reviewing cards post round.

I worked on course management through the winter and worked hard on improving my up&down percentage in the spring with a lot of evening work on putting.

I didn’t go as deep as some, but a certain depth of stats did show a 40% reduction in HC.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Currently sat here going through Shotscope and updating every hole from yesterday's round. I love my stats but this is tiresome and I can't remember every shot on every hole. I think the shotscope is going back and reverting to my Garmin which just had Score, missed fairway left/right and number of putts.

I would love to find something that gives me all my stats but Shotscope just needs far too much post-round editing for my liking

Can you not just add club stats so it does this automatically

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Inconsistency is not the same as randomness, without Stats things can appear random which are actually tendencies that can be usefully altered by the handicap golfer IMO. Having said that collecting useful stats is probably a bit laborious.

Ding ding ding… our survey says top answer!

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No. I think it has a role to play for the real elite performers i world golf. Maybe the best 1000.
And while it might provide some interest for the rest, I cannot see that it can have any game improving benefit or insight as such. It gives no info that isnt already obvious in terms of weaknesses or areas for improvement. Three putting several times a round. Practice your putting. Reloading on the tee 5 times a round. Driver needs practice. etc.
A knowledge of statistics is useful though to see through the clu peformance and fitting numbers, and realising how meaningless or manipulated, most of them are.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
I've used GolfPad on my phone since I started playing about 4 years ago. They are useful, but only if you know what you're looking for outside the most obvious things.