Are my wedge gaps correct?

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cheers Bob,I have fancied a tad more loft in my SW for some time and I did fine the other day only using my SW so I might give this setup a go if I can find a cheap Mizuno.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm in a similar place to Deke, depending on where I end up in relation to the pin, depends on the approach I use. If I have no obstacles and the green is relatively undulation free I'll use my 7 for a chip and run, if the approach is flat and long, say 30yds or more I might use my hybrid and hit it like a putter, I've had a lot of success with that shot, if I need to get over a bunker with not much green to work with I'll try my LW.

Having a selection of wedges allows me the choice to fit the situation as best as I see it, I'm all for experimenting with different clubs, I don't tend to conform to the norm and grab a PW just because the teachings of the many say that's the way you should play.

It's nice to hear my playing partners say "What's he doing with his rescue? He should be using his PW!" then you roll up to within 2ft of the pin, then you get "Nice shot, not the way I would've done it, but nice shot"

Last edited:

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I see your point mate,I do sometimes choose the wrong one! I do like having a lob for steep bunkers however,aaargh,decisions!

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's nice to hear my playing partners say "What's he doing with his rescue? He should be using his PW!" then you roll up to within 2ft of the pin, then you get "Nice shot, not the way I would've done it, but nice shot"

You da Man! :)

I like this way of doing things.

-
-
-
-
-

RGDave, the only man to take a 5 wood from the front of the 18th at the Belfry.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am having a guess that it is the S3 max and not the S3 pro. Go get yourself the gap wedge that matches your set as it is 49*. THen if you really want to keep a high lofted wedge in your bag you could always get a 54* and 60*..... just a little idea. I can see why you are wanting to change your wedge setup after looking at the Cobra site. If it is the S3 Max that you have the PW is 43* then your next club is a 50* GW.

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have the normal S3 irons not the max or pro mate.They were out last year and look v smart! My PW is 44 deg.Och so many options!

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like your thinking chief! It would feel different but maybe worth a go? The 44,50,56 setup is very tempting also with room to add a 60 if my miss my lob! Man the wife will not be happy if I buy another wedge alas! ;-)