Anyone else waiting for clubs?

BridgfordBlue

Visit site
Got fit for Ping G425's on 17th September, was told estimated delivery date of 25th Jan. No updates since then, was told delay was largely around Vietnam being locked down and a spot of googling shows they have opened up again now so cautiously optimistic.

Having said that some of the other responses on this thread around the quality of G425's make me wonder if they will be worth the wait!

I got a set of g425s around May and they’ve been used for at least a round and a range session every week since, no issues at all. I hope I don’t jinx it by saying that!

RichA

Visit site
I got a set of g425s around May and they’ve been used for at least a round and a range session every week since, no issues at all. I hope I don’t jinx it by saying that!
Had mine since the summer. Took a while to get used to them, but love them now. No quality issues with mine.

Boomy

Visit site
On a slight tangent FJ are reporting 2-3 months for Myjoys at the moment. Looks like my present for Christmas will be here for Easter instead

You’re not joking! My Mrs ordered me some Myjoys for last Christmas.. ordered early October 2020…. FJ promised delivery before Christmas… turned up for Easter 2021 - well over 3 months late!

Edit: Just looked back through photos to get the date they arrived.. Ordered October 2020, arrived 20th May 2021 ?

Last edited:

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Still waiting on my 2 iron, original delivery date of Nov 12th now been pushed back for the third time, to December 17th.

evemccc

Visit site
Waiting for some clubs myself. Appreciate the pandemic and supply-chain issues etc etc, but also think it's pretty poor when (in early autumn) the manufacturer before purchase predict a two-week wait, and then that morphs into 9 (and counting)...

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
chrome plating keeps coming off, weird it only happens to the PW. If it happens again I’m selling the set and going with pxg. Was originally booked in for fitting but they cancelled due to a lockdown.
View attachment 39604
Thats odd. I always believed pings were cast stainless steel and not heavily plated other than a very thin anodised plating on some. I've been using Ping i20s for years and although they have a few jinks they've never had that happen.

Last edited:

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Call from Gloucester Golf today.

P770's ordered on Oct 11th promised mid/late November, then delayed to just before Christmas, now been advised I won't see them until end of January!!!!

D

Deleted member 21445

Just got an email that my PXGs have been shipped and will be arriving on Monday.
6 Week lead time upon order turned into the thick end of 8 weeks in the end.

Official Line was
"I am emailing you regarding your order WEBUK-395### as unfortunately, there will be a slight delay to your 6-week lead time due to an ongoing component shortage."

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Bearing in mind that, pre-covid, a wait of a week to 10 days was normal ( and often beaten by several days) between fitting/order and delivery, what's people's thoughts on the current 3/4/5 month wait for clubs..?
Is it realistic to expect the clubs to still be a good fit?
Are people going to have a new fitting when their clubs arrive to make sure.?
A lot can happen to a swing in 4 months......

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Bearing in mind that, pre-covid, a wait of a week to 10 days was normal ( and often beaten by several days) between fitting/order and delivery, what's people's thoughts on the current 3/4/5 month wait for clubs..?

I was thinking that....also won't there be newer models then almost on the horizon?

I've left a £100 deposit for my irons - where do I stand if I say the delays are too much - could I ask for my money back?

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If people swing would change that often wouldn't we need new clubs every 4moths.
Regarding long waiting for the clubs if that would be my order I would probably cancel it if it exceed 1month from initial delivery date.
Thinking myself atm to get some new irons, will go for the fitting and if they won't be able to deliver within reasonable time will be looking specs from the fitting in ex demos or used market.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I was thinking that....also won't there be newer models then almost on the horizon?

I've left a £100 deposit for my irons - where do I stand if I say the delays are too much - could I ask for my money back?
I think the manufacturers and the retailers will have to be asking each other some questions.....
Will the retailer give a free refit before handover?
Who's going to pay for it?
This issue isn't going to suddenly stop next month..I can see the whole of next year being on a similar footing..

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Every year will be new models. Regarding your deposit just ring them and see what they gone say.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Made contact with Gloucester Golf today and after being told the shafts aren't likely to be in Taylor Made's hands until May at the earliest I've decided to cancel my order for the P770's :(

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Have you considered asking if any similar shafts are available sooner?

There was a similar shaft coming in end of Feb.

But I was promised end of Nov. before Christmas, end of Jan! - I'd rather just wait 18 months and let the supply issues stabilise.
I'm sure in 2023 there will be even better clubs out - right?