Anyone else waiting for clubs?

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Waiting for only one right now.

I'm having a Titleist / Vokey SM6 totally rebuilt by The Iron Factory.
The cost is more than buying a brand new SM9.

The L-Grind 58-04 was discontinured in the SM8/SM9 lines, however, so I must wait for the work to be completed on my SM6.

It will, of course, be flagrantly non-conforming from a grooves perspective, but that's what I want and need--a real cover shredder.

JonW

Visit site
Im picking up my TM P790s tomorrow from Tour X that I ordered at the start of November.

Slightly delayed on the 4-8 weeks they said at the time, but they have no control over global shipping (and I added a GW in mid-December too).

Kennysarmy

Visit site
223 's ordered.

Let's hope May comes round quick - or they get the shafts earlier! - apparently the stiff shafts were due in January!

Update from club I bought my Mizuno's from....shafts now not due until June! Would not bet against further delays.
Mizuno confirmed my order on 8th Feb.

Wondering how far passed June do I go before I just cancel.

Already cancelled a set of irons in 2021 (TM P770's) after they didn't materialise after 4 months!

The delay apparently is due to KBS shaft shortages.

D

Deleted member 1147

I ordered a TM Stealth Pro 2 weeks ago.
But I've not been able to play for those 2 weeks, so not too bothered as yet

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Update from club I bought my Mizuno's from....shafts now not due until June! Would not bet against further delays.

Already cancelled a set of irons in 2021 (TM P770's) after they didn't materialise after 4 months!

It seems that KBS info to OEMs is not great, so repeat delays after initial estimated dates are common. Any other shaft that would work for you - a nice NS Pro Modus?

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
My Cobra LTDxs came within 10 days and they had KBS shafts. I was very surprised to be honest. Seems like there are problems and I was very lucky.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
8 weeks after my order. Iron Shafts are finally on the way to the fitters (KBS C Taper X) May have clubs by next week.
Will have to repeat the wait while waiting for wedges and a hybrid to complete the new bag.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
A mate told me on Monday that he was given a target of February 2023 for delivery of some new irons because of the non-availability of his chosen shafts. I cannot recall what they were I’m afraid.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just bought a set of Mizuno 225 with Recoil shafts.
So I have a set of Titleist T200 with stiff AMT Red shafts for sale soon if anyone is interested.
All standard loft,lie length. Like new condition.
Jeez the price of second hand clubs now is shocking.

Kennysarmy

Visit site

Well I had a text yesterday from the fitter and my Mizuno Pro's are in and I'm collecting them tomorrow!

Sim booked for Thursday evening to get some yardage data versus my current irons!

So that was 101 days from order to them being delivered.

carldudley

Visit site
I ordered some Mizuno JPX921's from AmGolf (i know) , I realise my mistake now) back in mid-Jan. After several calls and chasers and no responses I was told mid-July.
Screw that, I couldn't wait until then anyway with moving abroad end of April.

Went to a Taylormade tour truck fitting day at Silvermere on the Friday, had a text the following Thursday (the day I was leaving) to pick them up. Literally picked them up on the way to Heathrow, full set + A-wedge in the P790's and couldn't be happier.

TM were amazing and the guy in the Tour Truck (Dan I think) said they had the shafts in stock and got working on them straight way. They got a big thumbs up from me and a great fitting experience too.

AmGolf had me try two heads (Mizuno & Callaway), took five swings and decided I was stiff shaft and asked about grip and charged me £700 for the pleasure. TM/Silvermere couldn't have been more professional, tried 4/5 heads, lie angle, different shaft stiffness, shaft weights (which i didn't know was a thing) and various grips and thickness.

Would recommend keeping an eye out if the Tour truck comes your way

D

Deleted member 1147

I was told my Stealth Driver was due for dispatch on the 18th (tomorrow).
I've not missed it though as I haven't been able to play since March.

D

Deleted member 1147

I was told my Stealth Driver was due for dispatch on the 18th (tomorrow).
I've not missed it though as I haven't been able to play since March.
Just had an email to say it's arrived :)