Anyone customised their own clubs?

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
Afternoon guys,

Looking for things to cheer me up after an absolutely dire round this morning. Been browsing some golf forums and generally looking at some ridiculously gorgeous clubs (putters, wedges and irons). Ive noticed the customs on wedges and putters is becoming increasingly popular and actually brings something a little bit extra to your clubs in terms of aesthetics. Has anyone else tried to custom their club ie club stamping, colour fills etc? If yes, please give me any useful advice or tell me if its not as easy as the youtube videos make it look !

I have a couple of old wedges and am really tempted to buy a stamping set, whack the club into a vice and give it a go and see if i can have any joy with it.
Alternatively if you have any custom clubs that you have bought or had done by someone else, please show me !

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
changed the paint fill on a set of irons and some wedges a while ago. Irons long since sold, but still have the wedges, which are very worn now.

The paint fill easy to do, just model enamel

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Although not customized by my own hand, my Edel putter has my initials on the bottom and the paint fill of the Edel logo, the colour was chosen by me, does that count?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
only changed the paintfill on my old irons which is really easy to do. Plus living with 3 females there is plenty of nail varnish about to choose from.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Would love to see pictures from both of you if you have them !

I got bored and took the paint out (and did the same with my Scotty Cameron) so they are "naked" now but you might be able to see them in my avatar!
my "new" irons still have the original black paintfill but that might get changed soon

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Would love to see pictures from both of you if you have them !

irons are long gone and the paint in the wedges doesn't show up as well as they a very battered.

Not been on there for a while, but there were quite a few guys customized clubs on the Mizuno forum. one guy did a lovely job refinishing his blades Black with white fill.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My wedges....

2wovqr6.jpg

2pq9y11.jpg

33z68oh.jpg

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Have paintfilled a number of sets in the past, along with my Scotty putter. Really simple to do, Nail varnish remover to remove old paint, or excess paint when refilling. Acrylic paint or model paint to fill. Dont' be shy in filling, don't worry about being neat. Just use the varnish remover on a bit of kitchen paper to wipe over when dry to remove any excess.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a 3 wood and a couple of hybrids that I’ve painted. The 3 wood is marbleised with candy over that in 4 different shades and the hybrids are pearlescent metallic red and green. Look lovely when the sun shines on them.

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
I think I'm convinced and going to give it a go myself !! Thanks guys, will show the finished product when i get round to it

*TQ*

Club Champion
Visit site
I have been toying with the idea of vinyl wrapping the crown on my driver, I'm thinking white camo.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I've tinkered a lot over the years but never done any stamping. You really need top quality stamps to get these right or it looks poop! Not something that I would do myself.

Paint fill I have done, wasn't great, certainly looked amateurish when inspected close up.

I am happy pulling and changing shafts, re-gripping clubs, extending clubs, shortening clubs, adding weight etc. Love a wee project.