Any plans for the next 5 months

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
5 mile race

So had my first race of the year, sub 41 minutes. Which really chuffed with as was Ill for 3 weeks over Xmas.
gives me a good indication for my 10k race mid March.

Now to work more on my speed and strength sessions.
Great work PB!!

Take a few days off, build back up and you will smash the 10k race!!

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I shall be multitasking at home: Drinking beer, eating crisps and watching telly.

I shall try to get out in the cold once or twice a week to get my shoes and trouser bottoms muddy.
Not a great plan. :oops:
Been on the golf course only 3 times since 1st of Dec.
Put on 5lbs since this last post. :mad:
Plan now is to shed that by 1st April.

Last edited:

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
A tiny bit fewer calorie intake each day. Don't need any lifestyle changes.
At 5ft 11ins and currently 11st 9lb, I don't think I have much to worry about.

But lowering calorie intake will be a lifestyle change! Anyway, good for you! I was just interested, I'm fascinated by nutrition, health etc and love to hear what people are doing. How are you going to lower intake? smaller portions? cutting chocolate? stop the evening snack, cut some booze etc etc

Anyway, good luck.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
But lowering calorie intake will be a lifestyle change! Anyway, good for you! I was just interested, I'm fascinated by nutrition, health etc and love to hear what people are doing. How are you going to lower intake? smaller portions? cutting chocolate? stop the evening snack, cut some booze etc etc

Anyway, good luck.
Those two.

I'm blaming all the friends and rellies who bought us such nice stuff for Christmas.
Course closed for 8th day in a row - not sure who to blame for that.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Those two.

I'm blaming all the friends and rellies who bought us such nice stuff for Christmas.
Course closed for 8th day in a row - not sure who to blame for that.

Haha! my mum always gets me tons of chocolate, she thinks i need fattening up! LOL im 43 mum, leave me alone! LOL. Its my birthday soon, and i have told my wife to force it home to my mum, i dont want any chocolate!!! i have no off switch with it!!

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
invested in a a smart trainer (remove back wheel add bike then ride) addiction to my ManCave is huge. toying with gym membership as I go swimming once a week but a 2nd hand ST was bought and life is good and a lot more fitness based than 2022.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
invested in a a smart trainer (remove back wheel add bike then ride) addiction to my ManCave is huge. toying with gym membership as I go swimming once a week but a 2nd hand ST was bought and life is good and a lot more fitness based than 2022.

Awesome! which did you get? (pics of bikes are allowed, they are actually encouraged!!) What platform are you using? I assume Zwift which is my go to, i am now in some race leagues in a team and all sorts! It very competitive and super fun! I just got a free month with Kinomap though, so may check that out at some point. Below is my Giant Propel Pro 0 on my Elite Suito trainer.

turbo.jpg

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Zwift platform currently going to try the other Rouvy, Kino, RGT, Wahoo etc see what's best for me. bought and 2nd hand hardly used (x6 times) Elite Zumo £450 when new.

needed a new laptop to run ZWIFT which wasn't expected, It's great fun till your doing 360watts for 18 mins which is totally unrealistic. I'm using my old Planet X 1x11 on it with a 11-32 and 42 front :) summer bike not allowed on the trainer or rollers

Alpe d'Huez wasn't exciting on it TBH - ROUVY looks better for views

Awesome! which did you get? (pics of bikes are allowed, they are actually encouraged!!) What platform are you using? I assume Zwift which is my go to, i am now in some race leagues in a team and all sorts! It very competitive and super fun! I just got a free month with Kinomap though, so may check that out at some point. Below is my Giant Propel Pro 0 on my Elite Suito trainer.

View attachment 46199

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Eastleigh 10k Race

Went into the weekend of a bad club run on the Thursday, so wasn't feeling confident. This race is a big one, elite athlete's enter as it's a quick route with just one small hill.

I wanted to get under 52 minutes with a stretched target of under 50 minutes. I managed to stay on the coat tails of the 50 minute pacers and found some energy from somewhere for the last quarter of a mile.
Chip time of 49:17, still can't believe I managed to get under 50 minutes. Was buzzing all day yesterday :D

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Eastleigh 10k Race

Went into the weekend of a bad club run on the Thursday, so wasn't feeling confident. This race is a big one, elite athlete's enter as it's a quick route with just one small hill.

I wanted to get under 52 minutes with a stretched target of under 50 minutes. I managed to stay on the coat tails of the 50 minute pacers and found some energy from somewhere for the last quarter of a mile.
Chip time of 49:17, still can't believe I managed to get under 50 minutes. Was buzzing all day yesterday :D

Great work Si

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Conwy golf next Friday
North Wales rally to spectate Saturday
Anglesey car Trackday Sunday
Golf the rest of the week at various courses.

Played Conwy several times, and started with 3 consecutive birdies last time. The last 4 holes crucified me. Love the place but you have to respect the last e holes. 3 bogeys and a par are good enough.

Jason.H

Visit site
Played Conwy several times, and started with 3 consecutive birdies last time. The last 4 holes crucified me. Love the place but you have to respect the last e holes. 3 bogeys and a par are good enough.

Not had a 3 birdie start yet 😂. Thanks for putting the fear of God in me for the final holes.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Renovating my new flat for work, needs taken back to the bare walls and start again.

Flat has been completely rewired, replumbed and the Painter is in at the moment.
Bathroom getting tiled top to bottom on Wednesday.
It's been a bit of a slog the last 3 months but there is light at the end of the tunnel.
About 6k over budget though, which isn't too handy :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: