Any plans for the next 5 months

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
My plan is to improve my running over the next few months and losing more weight.
I'm going to sign up for a 5 mile race in January I'd like to be as close or under 45 minutes as possible.
Then March a 10k race, where I'm aiming for a PB for the course is 57 minutes (6 years ago) and as close to 52 minutes as possible.

Also want to do a sub 25 minute 5k, so when my local park run starts to dry out in spring I'll be ready to try for a PB there.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
My plan is to improve my running over the next few months and losing more weight.
I'm going to sign up for a 5 mile race in January I'd like to be as close or under 45 minutes as possible.
Then March a 10k race, where I'm aiming for a PB for the course is 57 minutes (6 years ago) and as close to 52 minutes as possible.

Also want to do a sub 25 minute 5k, so when my local park run starts to dry out in spring I'll be ready to try for a PB there.

Nice work!!

What are your plans to get there? I love the theory side to training etc, I have my 18 week training block which starts in Feb all mapped out already!! I am currently in training, for the training!! hehe!

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hopefully training for the London Marathon but that's place-dependent.

Places were awarded 2 weeks ago dude. So if you dont know now, you aint in!! (Unless you have applied for a charity place) I have tried 9 times in the general ballot and failed every time.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our group has just got a price for March golf for 7 days in Turkey at Hotels Titanic, Sirene or Gloria Verde. Has anyone been recently & would strongly recommend one over the others? From what I understand the choice of courses matters little as I've been hearing that all are good.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

Do you know if Garmin Coach allows you to put in time specific goals? I did a charity 10k last weekend in just over an hour with very little training. My first goal is a sub 30 minute 5k (did 31 minutes during the 10k) and then a sub 1 hour 10k.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our group has just got a price for March golf for 7 days in Turkey at Hotels Titanic, Sirene or Gloria Verde. Has anyone been recently & would strongly recommend one over the others? From what I understand the choice of courses matters little as I've been hearing that all are good.

Not stayed at Titanic (but gets mixed reviews) but have stayed at Sirene and Gloria (albeit Gloria Golf but part of the same campus) and enjoyed the Gloria more.

Gloria Old was also a very nice wee course. But then the course choice, as you say, is superb. My personal favourites are the PGA Pasha and the Montgomery Max Royal.

The PGA Sultan is also very good but a long and difficult course. The Sueno Pines is good fun.

Avoid the National at all costs (Tuna/Aida etc as it was piss poor).

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do you know if Garmin Coach allows you to put in time specific goals? I did a charity 10k last weekend in just over an hour with very little training. My first goal is a sub 30 minute 5k (did 31 minutes during the 10k) and then a sub 1 hour 10k.

Yes you can, they are pretty good plans too!

If you want to delve deeper into the nerdyness of training, check out www.trainasone.com the free version is good enough for most and if you can do a just over hour 10k, they will have you under 60 in no time!!

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Places were awarded 2 weeks ago dude. So if you dont know now, you aint in!! (Unless you have applied for a charity place) I have tried 9 times in the general ballot and failed every time.
Yeah, was in the general ballot and failed like most folk but our running club gets one place so waiting to find out who that's allocated to. If that doesn't pan out then I'll start looking at more accessible marathons for later in the year.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah, was in the general ballot and failed like most folk but our running club gets one place so waiting to find out who that's allocated to. If that doesn't pan out then I'll start looking at more accessible marathons for later in the year.

Ah i see, Manchester is brilliant. Avoid Brighton, the company there are about to go bust and everyone will lose their Money.

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Currently losing the weight after 6 week roadtrip in the States, ready for December in Tenerife - figure the saving in heating here will pay for the flights.