Another year to get fit 2

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Once again another year has past and if your a person who failed last year or maybe just fell short of your goals its time to try again.
In another thread lots of people have expressed their desire to get fitter or improve their running times.

I kept it going last year and feel a helluva lot better for it,so wether its fitness or just losing weight posts your objectives or your weight here and lets see what we can do.
If its done together it generally does become easier.

I have recently started running and would love to do a 5k in under 20 mins with my son and if my calves hold out I can do it.
My main goal is to keep going to the gym 3or 4 times a week maybe lose 4 pounds as I'm 12-04 now from 14 st last year.

Over to you with your objectives and post everytime you achieve a new PB.

If your trying to lose weight a weigh in on the 1st of every month.

As I said I'm 12-04 today

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Once again another year has past and if your a person who failed last year or maybe just fell short of your goals its time to try again.
In another thread lots of people have expressed their desire to get fitter or improve their running times.

I kept it going last year and feel a helluva lot better for it,so wether its fitness or just losing weight posts your objectives or your weight here and lets see what we can do.
If its done together it generally does become easier.

I have recently started running and would love to do a 5k in under 20 mins with my son and if my calves hold out I can do it.
My main goal is to keep going to the gym 3or 4 times a week maybe lose 4 pounds as I'm 12-04 now from 14 st last year.

Over to you with your objectives and post everytime you achieve a new PB.

If your trying to lose weight a weigh in on the 1st of every month.

As I said I'm 12-04 today

Same aim as last year for me......

drop a stone or two and generally improve fitness. Can't run for toffee as shin splints always occur. But got the new exercise bike and since 20th have done 350k on it. Granted it's not as good as being on the road.

My my intention is to do at least 30mins everyday whilst also drinking water (coca cola is my nemesis)!!

oh yeah, currently 14st 7.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm up for this again,

I started the thread just after H4H 2015 and a few stuck with it until H4H last year and looked better for it (Tony), I started well but fell by the wayside, work and other stuff got in the way.

Going to give it a good bash this year to lose some weight.

Currently weighing in at around the 220lbs mark which is heavier than the same time last year.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'll give it a go this year...

Currently weighing in at 16st 7lbs - 231lbs
Target weight - 14st - 196lbs
Target for this year - Sub 2hr 1/2 Mary (Sub 1hr 50m would be amazing)..

I'll keep everyone updated...

D

Deleted member 16999

I'm still going Tony, although had 2 weeks off so start again Tuesday.

D

Deleted member 16999

Nice one whats your goals for this year then and where you starting?.

Continue with weight loss, only had 8lbs to go to target of 2 stone, maintain it and continue with my running, no distance or time target, running for the enjoyment. Days of Marathons and 1/2 Marathons are gone.
Out for a run Tuesday.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
As someone who was very fit in my late teens early twenties, I have fully slipped since due to lack of exercise and poor diet. I am someone who lacks the motivation to go to the gym, I have struggled to exercise regularly and eat way more than I should.

This year I am determined to stick at it more that ever for a couple of reasons, the main one being that I get married in August and I don't want to look back at the pictures and be unhappy with how I looked. I also know I need to massively improve my mobility and flexibility. The weight loss and improved mobility/flexibility should also really help my golf, which is a nice bonus.

As of today I weigh 88kg's, I want to get back into the 70's by the wedding which is August 5th.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
As someone who was very fit in my late teens early twenties, I have fully slipped since due to lack of exercise and poor diet. I am someone who lacks the motivation to go to the gym, I have struggled to exercise regularly and eat way more than I should.

This year I am determined to stick at it more that ever for a couple of reasons, the main one being that I get married in August and I don't want to look back at the pictures and be unhappy with how I looked. I also know I need to massively improve my mobility and flexibility. The weight loss and improved mobility/flexibility should also really help my golf, which is a nice bonus.

As of today I weigh 88kg's, I want to get back into the 70's by the wedding which is August 5th.

That's a good incentive mate stick at it,as you know its all about will power,hopefully with others doing in we can all get inspired to achieve more.

I do hate the word diet though because diets are always temporary its a life style we are looking for,something that's sustainable for years.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
That's a good incentive mate stick at it,as you know its all about will power,hopefully with others doing in we can all get inspired to achieve more.

I do hate the word diet though because diets are always temporary its a life style we are looking for,something that's sustainable for years.

I think of the word diet to just mean what food I eat. For the last few years, my "diet" has been very poor.....quick and easy food at work, unhealthy meals in the evening and too many snacks in-between. The only positive has really been that I barely touch any alcohol.

Going forward my "diet" will be balanced and planned to supply my body with the energy it needs whilst I am exercising hard.

Dinner tonight, was:

Brown rice
Chicken breast with a little cajun spice
sugar snap peas
courgette

Nice and tasty

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I seemed of gained 1/2 stone in the last 6 months. So I'm at my heaviest since I use to be a bouncer. 18st 6. The wife was polite as ever and said I looked fat and need to sort it. So have been out running. I'm doing 1 min walk and one min run 8 times is done this twice and I did manage a non stop 1 mile run on the treadmill but only managed it in 11min 30 but gotta start some where. I would be happy to get to 17st

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I really went for it last year at the start getting scales, ordering specific foods in and running a daily diary through My Fitness Pal and generally was doing very well at the start, but then I just drifted and lost interest!

Going to start again next week once the fridge is empty, I've still got everything and the wife just bought me a Misfit Flash which I've not got my head around yet but I have started the MFP diary again although it's showing my weight will increase currently as I shift the last of the chocolates and Christmas biscuits.

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My goals:
2.5x body weight deadlift
2x body weight squat
1.5x body weight bench press

Current weight is 96kg, would like to be leaner and aim is to get down to about 85kg, though I am less concerned about the weight on the scale i think 85kg ish is a good achievable target without losing much muscle.

Am lifting mon, weds, fri on a Wendler 531 template, with conditioning on tues and thurs. Weekends are off, occasional golf.

If I can maintain my strength whilst losing weight I'll be very close to my lifting goals.

Using my fitness pal, shooting for 2500kcals per day, and have been getting leaner at that level throughout December.

Also need to sort my left knee, which I hurt whilst out doing sprints last week. Off to the docs to get a referral next week as it has been giving me jip for a while and as of last week is really bad.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
At the start of 2012 I went on a big food education program through my fitness pal and dropped from 240lbs to 211lbs, I felt great and done this just by monitoring my intake of good and bad foods daily over 20wks along with logging range time and golf activity which adjusted daily allowances for me.

Unfortunately work changed and I allowed my diet to slip and I'm back at 234lbs. I have an excuse, unfortunately the misses is a bloody awesome cook! This year I've set myself 203lbs as a target. To achieve this I'll be:

Swimming Monday & Wednesday after work: this will prob start at 20 lengths per day but get up to 40 per day within 3 month

Range Tuesday and Thursday - for approx an hour each time this will bank 350 extra calories a day if needed or cut an extra 350 as a bonus.

Other steps will be a massive cut on coffee intake as I know this is my weak point.

First aim is 220lbs by end of Feb!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
No fads for me, I'm 6ft and weigh in at 13 stone in an ideal world. Other than Christmas when I invariably put on a few pounds and consume far too much surgery stuff I control my weight almost daily. I weigh myself most mornings and if I put on any extra then I just cut out a meal or eat a smaller one and it works for me

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Starting my attempt to loose weight tomorrow. I'm about 14st 10 ish. We've no scales. It has been decided that "treat" day is Sunday. I'll be walking to work and no snacking or booze. The weight should drop off..(I hope).

D

Deleted member 16999

No fads for me, I'm 6ft and weigh in at 13 stone in an ideal world. Other than Christmas when I invariably put on a few pounds and consume far too much surgery stuff I control my weight almost daily. I weigh myself most mornings and if I put on any extra then I just cut out a meal or eat a smaller one and it works for me
Is it difficult Chris? What sort of diet do you have or is it a case of eat what you want ? ie, binge and starve, if you don't mind me asking😃

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Far to heavy and unfit need to shed a considerable amount of weight, work hasn't helped tbh. Bought myself a road bike and going to do slimming world as the missus has taken it up also, and generally just eat non processed food, going to give up the booze for a few months also as it's become a bad habit, not drinking a huge amount but the calories are just empty ones.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Is it difficult Chris? What sort of diet do you have or is it a case of eat what you want ? ie, binge and starve, if you don't mind me asking😃

I find it works for me Paul, I can easily last from morning to dinner time with no food with no problem, but I also eat anything I want. If I weigh myself at say 8am and I'm 2 pounds over I just eat light stuff or nothing and I'm back to where I'm happy withinthe next day or so.

I was 14 stone 10lbs at 60, and lost nearly 2 stone in a couple of months, and for the last 4 years have maintained 13 to 13 stone 2 lbs