Another Golf Vlogs UK video, another 3 hole match

D

Deleted member 23270

There used to be a guy at my club from the same area. He was a good laugh and a bit in your face as well but too much of him wore you down. I find the golfmates guy the same. Heart seems to be in the right place but I can only watch in small doses.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've met him and spoken a lot on social media and privately about youtube content, especially when he was thinking about the whole "Golfmates" idea. Cretin he isn't and very poor of those that have labelled him as such without having ever had anything to do with him. You may not like his content and no one is forcing you to watch, and to watch simply to pick fault and criticise seems a sad thing to do. Yes the content is similar, and yes the jokes may be repetitive but he does it with a smile, has done some marvellous stuff to help young Josh and has worked hard to build a thriving online community and so deserves some kudos for that.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I don’t watch Liam ‘golfmates’ fella much - as I don’t watch many golf vlogs - but I watch him more than any other and when I do I rather enjoy. I guess these things are like almost everything we consume - best appreciated in small amounts - too much makes you feel a bit bleh!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I've met him and spoken a lot on social media and privately about youtube content, especially when he was thinking about the whole "Golfmates" idea. Cretin he isn't and very poor of those that have labelled him as such without having ever had anything to do with him. You may not like his content and no one is forcing you to watch, and to watch simply to pick fault and criticise seems a sad thing to do. Yes the content is similar, and yes the jokes may be repetitive but he does it with a smile, has done some marvellous stuff to help young Josh and has worked hard to build a thriving online community and so deserves some kudos for that.

Ok, I'll bite. The guys content is absolutely crap, what he talks about is crap, his production and material is crap as is his style and presentation That is my assessment of him and I am entitled to that view.

What does he bring to the world of golf? Genuinely what mass appeal does he have as I'm quite clearly missing it.

Comes across as an absolute cretin. I'll stick with that assessment. Could be the nicest guy in the world on a personal level, fact is his content makes him look like a cretin to me.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Find most you tubers boring and repetitive (and in some case downright annoying - UK Golf Vlogs is one of them) - how can you make vlogs interesting? The reviews don't do anything as the only person whose opinion matters is you. They can only do so many videos on instruction and lets face it - getting a lesson is far superior.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ok, I'll bite. The guys content is absolutely crap, what he talks about is crap, his production and material is crap as is his style and presentation That is my assessment of him and I am entitled to that view.

What does he bring to the world of golf? Genuinely what mass appeal does he have as I'm quite clearly missing it.

Comes across as an absolute cretin. I'll stick with that assessment. Could be the nicest guy in the world on a personal level, fact is his content makes him look like a cretin to me.
Jacko, i sense you are holding back slightly, i think you should tell us what you really think??
:LOL::ROFLMAO:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Which begs the question if you really hate the content and everything connected with it including his presentation and what he talks about, why bother watching at all? Surely seems pointless to sit through something you have no interest in or don't like

As for his mass appeal, he's a huge number of followers on youtube, has a large facebook community and even has his own range of Golfmates golfing apparel so clearly a large number are happy to follow him

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
He got Josh down to Bearwood Lakes for a full Mizuno fitting and tor truck experience. Ended up with a set of custom fitted clubs, bag etc.

I've watched that little that I'm not sure who josh is even. Is he just one of his mates or someone planning to do something in the game?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Find most you tubers boring and repetitive (and in some case downright annoying - UK Golf Vlogs is one of them) - how can you make vlogs interesting? The reviews don't do anything as the only person whose opinion matters is you. They can only do so many videos on instruction and lets face it - getting a lesson is far superior.

If you have never watched adventures in golf by Erik Anders lang, give it a whirl and see how a proper golf vlog is done. Fresh content and visually brilliant. Some great stories from around the world.

The guy is light years ahead of 3 hole matches around a wet course in england.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Which begs the question if you really hate the content and everything connected with it including his presentation and what he talks about, why bother watching at all? Surely seems pointless to sit through something you have no interest in or don't like

As for his mass appeal, he's a huge number of followers on youtube, has a large facebook community and even has his own range of Golfmates golfing apparel so clearly a large number are happy to follow him

How else do you suggest you form an opinion if you don't watch a few episodes to form an opinion? Wouldn't bother with any more.

Also think Josh will need a full Ping fitting now, was he not a huge Pepper fan?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Had to check who this guy was. Fair pay to him for the good he has done recently. I’m sure he’s a lovely bloke. But he won’t be getting me as a subscriber. Cross field can be somewhat annoying, but this guys persona seems to be even worse.

Good ,Jack to him though, it’s obviously working.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've watched that little that I'm not sure who josh is even. Is he just one of his mates or someone planning to do something in the game?

This guy Josh is a member of the same club as Liam (Chorlton-cum-Hardy) and has some sort of disability so basically Liam took him under his wing, made sure he was integrated into the club and then took it further and got Mizuno involved as well. Thinks as part of these three hole matches he is helping Josh on the course to improve

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This guy Josh is a member of the same club as Liam (Chorlton-cum-Hardy) and has some sort of disability so basically Liam took him under his wing, made sure he was integrated into the club and then took it further and got Mizuno involved as well. Thinks as part of these three hole matches he is helping Josh on the course to improve

That's a nice thing to do. Must catch one of these videos.