Another Golf Vlogs UK video, another 3 hole match

sussexhacker

Visit site
Ok, I'll bite. The guys content is absolutely crap, what he talks about is crap, his production and material is crap as is his style and presentation That is my assessment of him and I am entitled to that view.

What does he bring to the world of golf? Genuinely what mass appeal does he have as I'm quite clearly missing it.

Comes across as an absolute cretin. I'll stick with that assessment. Could be the nicest guy in the world on a personal level, fact is his content makes him look like a cretin to me.

Keep your opinion to yourself and jog on
No one asked you to watch his videos did they?
Did anyone sit there forcing you to watch?
No
So you had the option of turning it off and shutting your mouth
The blokes helped people out whether you like him or not is irrelevant I’m sure he couldn’t give 2 tosses what you think of him

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
No one asked you to read the thread did they?
Did anyone sit there forcing you to read it?
No
So you had the option of not reading and shutting your mouth
whether you like him or not is irrelevant I’m sure he couldn’t give 2 tosses what you think of him

Over react much.

As above. You could always follow your own advice.....

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
No
The blokes helped people out whether you like him or not is irrelevant I’m sure he couldn’t give 2 tosses what you think of him

i think you are forgetting this is a golf forum an d people discuss and pass comment on posts, everone is allowed an opinion or to ignore things.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
No

Likewise follow your own advise Sir.

This is an internet forum where opinions can be shared. Have a look at the "block function" and be a good lad.

???

D

Deleted member 21258

Why do people feel the need to pass comment on him personally, rather than just pass comment on his content.....

or if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say it

;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ok, I'll bite. The guys content is absolutely crap, what he talks about is crap, his production and material is crap as is his style and presentation That is my assessment of him and I am entitled to that view.

What does he bring to the world of golf? Genuinely what mass appeal does he have as I'm quite clearly missing it.

Comes across as an absolute cretin. I'll stick with that assessment. Could be the nicest guy in the world on a personal level, fact is his content makes him look like a cretin to me.
In a backwards way I think you answered your own question. Yes he waffles on and doesn't have a vast amount of technical knowledge, the production value is very 'rough and ready' - but all of these give him a kind of every-man quality that some find appealing. As opposed to the overly polished condescension from the likes of Tossfield. I like the videos because it's just him and his mates having a laugh on the course, and it does remind me not to take golf too seriously.

(I'm not trying to convince you to like him, just answering you on what the appeal might be to others.)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
In a backwards way I think you answered your own question. Yes he waffles on and doesn't have a vast amount of technical knowledge, the production value is very 'rough and ready' - but all of these give him a kind of every-man quality that some find appealing. As opposed to the overly polished condescension from the likes of Tossfield. I like the videos because it's just him and his mates having a laugh on the course, and it does remind me not to take golf too seriously.

(I'm not trying to convince you to like him, just answering you on what the appeal might be to others.)

I can't see it myself but I'll take your word for it - don't want to incur the wrath of a keyboard warrior again.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
As others have said, I quite like the videos. Golf on YouTube is basically 'take it very seriously' and 'spend loads of money'. When someone is just professing that golf should be fun, should be about meeting people and playing in good company and can be fun with any old set of clubs, I think that is a great message that would so more to get people into golf than a whole army of Shiels/Crossfield/Finchs ever could. Yes, you an argue that the format is repetitive but unless you have the money to spend or sell out to the manufacturers, you are always limited to what you can do and so I actually think he does pretty well producing content on a shoestring. You also have to remember that to get subscribers and make anything from ad revenue, you need to keep putting out content.

As for the overall impact, there are currently over 100 golfmates playing a Ryder Cup style event in Portugal. I think being able to achieve that speaks for itself. Cannot see any other golf channels looking to bring people together and have fun on the golf course like that, let alone on that scale.

User20204

Visit site
Josh has autism, to what degree he is on the spectrum I'm not entirely sure but Liam has told me about his condition in the past when I asked about him.

As for the overall impact, there are currently over 100 golfmates playing a Ryder Cup style event in Portugal. I think being able to achieve that speaks for itself. Cannot see any other golf channels looking to bring people together and have fun on the golf course like that, let alone on that scale.

I was to be going but had to pull out but as you say, the crown he has got together is quite amazing and from what I have seen on YT, no other vloger has manged that.

I played in NI with about 20 of us last summer, great weekend.

Thenearlygoodgolfer

Visit site
We get it. You don't like him. Strange that you don't just ignore his vlogs.:whistle:
Ah there we go, thats where you are jumping the gun
i never said i dont like him, i dont know him to not like him. I just dont like all of his content, some of its ok but its all very much the same time and time again. Thats the point im making.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
Josh has autism, to what degree he is on the spectrum I'm not entirely sure but Liam has told me about his condition in the past when I asked about “

Josh sometimes puts out his own vlog with Liam from Golf Mates and has just put one out today about getting a new handicap and is now playing off 10.5. Love his enthusiasm and the little skips and jumps when he hits a good one. Compared to what he was like when he first came on the scene he’s obviously put a lot of practice in.