Another ask the pro opportunity... got a question for Sky's Robert Lee?

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
Afternoon all.

Just had it confirmed that we have the opportunity to ask Sky's Robert Lee some questions tomorrow while he MCs our big 'Britain's Best Putter' finals at The Grove.

Hot on the tremendous success of a similar feature with Lee Westwood, that many of you will have seen in the current issue, we wanted to give you the opportunity to come up with the questions for Rob and it would be good to get a nice spread both looking back to his playing days on tour and relating to his current TV work.

Fire away and I will ask Rob the pick of the GM forumers' questions for a future magazine article. The only thing I would say is that we would like to publish real names and home towns alongside the questions in the feature, so if you could provide that info in your threads that would be very helpful.

Alternatively, if you'd rather not say your name/town on here, please email your question to jezz_ellwood@ipcmedia.com

I will endeavour to ask as many questions as possible within the allotted time...

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'd like to ask Rob if he is happy with his achievements as a Pro or does he feel "short-changed"? Do you think you could/should have won more....?
Ian Murgatroyd
Aylesbury.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Lots of suggestions always get banded about regarding the next UK major winner with Donald and Westwood regularly spoken of so, who does he see become the next 1st time major winner from the UK and why?

Martin Clarke

Lanarkshire

Last edited:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
1. As a presenter does he think there is an overuse of technology such as the touch screen analysis which was prevalent in the RC coverage?

2. What does he feel TV coverage lacks compared to the real thing? We tend to see so many players putting out when in fact as a golf enthusiast I prefer the tee to green shot making which is more varied.

3. Does he believe Lee Westwood will achieve his potential and dream and secure a major? If so which one?

Sorry - got carried away!!

Amanda Rawson, Spaldwick, Cambridgeshire.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
In the light of the recent interviewers that have not been conducted by professional golfers ie Michael Vaughn.
Does Rob feel he gets a bit more respect from golfers when doing interviews,having played the game.
Also having shot 27 for nine holes on a couple of occasions,does he feel a 55 or 56 for 18 holes will be
achieved on tour.

Tony Reed
Taunton

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do you enjoy playing golf more now that you dont have the pressure of making a living from it or do you miss the intensity of top level competition?

What do you think the european tour could do to keep more of our big stars playing over here?

Scott Birchall
Lancashire

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Do you think that one of the majors should be moved to Asia/South Africa or Australia?
What is the toughest course on the European Tour?

Cameron Roy
Leeds

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Now he's the wrong side of 50 does he ever get the urge to play in the odd Senior's comp?

Brian
Middlesbrough