And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 15344

Only seen the second half of the Chelsea game, but the ref getting the big decisions wrong.

Along with other big ones over the weekend and seemingly every week,referreeing in the prem is in peril. Needs sorting out.

The sport is being ruined by their incompetence

The mistakes by the officials affect the results of matches and there must be a time for them to be held accountable for those mistakes - teams shouldn't be winning/losing because of a mistake by an official - other sports are trying their very best to ensure the impact of the official is minimal

Big decisions they need held from the 4th official if the game has already been stopped.

D

Deleted member 16999

Why were the pens controversial?

They were also going on about it in the studio, as in looking for reasons why they shouldnt have been.......cos it was so late on?

Why, they were both cast iron penalties.

Surely Wenger should be getting a 3-5 game touchline ban, after pushing the 4th official.
Because both teams felt they shouldn't of been given, both managers said so, Are you saying the Arsenal one shouldn't of been given as offside?

Hopefully Wenger will be punished.

D

Deleted member 16999

Either way it is still offside if the player was in an offside position when the ball is played. Returning to an onside position after it has been played alters nothing.
Only if the returning player becomes active, if Koscielny had played no part when the ball arrived in the box his position when the ball was crossed is irrelevant, it was only a definite penalty because he received the ball.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
Because both teams felt they shouldn't of been given, both managers said so, Are you saying the Arsenal one shouldn't of been given as offside?

Hopefully it should show the morons who think he isn't interested in winning that they should get their opinions from better quality news sources.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another great weekend for Mike Dean.
Does he get demoted to a league 1 match now?

What on earth have the League 1 teams done to deserve that?

I saw him ref us against Doncaster (I think) last year as it was an international weekend and there was no Premier League or Championship and he was awful. Probably the most incompetent refereeing performance I have ever seen. He managed to annoy both managers, both teams and both sets of fans. And this isn't coming from a position of sour grapes as we won the game 4-1. It wasn't the fact that he favoured one team or the other it was just that he got every big decision wrong.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

I saw him ref us against Doncaster (I think) last year as it was an international weekend and there was no Premier League or Championship and he was awful. Probably the most incompetent refereeing performance I have ever seen. He managed to annoy both managers, both teams and both sets of fans. And this isn't coming from a position of sour grapes as we won the game 4-1. It wasn't the fact that he favoured one team or the other it was just that he got every big decision wrong.

He's just rubbish. Simple as. Shouldn't be on any panel let alone the PL one

D

Deleted member 15344

He is a shocking ref - he is just behind Mike Jones in replacing Rennie as the worst ref ever seen

He has an arrogance about him that helps him mask shocking officiating - he is starting to believe his own Internet hype.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Ah say, yesterday when I sounded bitter and twisted about the state of refs in the prem league when City have played I was ridiculed yes ridiculed as being bitter and twisted. Which I was. But the state of refing in the prem league is in my view at an all time low.
if any forumers on here half a day spare, can they go through the last 644 pages and see how many posts are about refs. This blog was started for football not crap refs.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

And thats your first mistake. Dont take a players/managers reaction to be a litmus test for if a decision is right.

Arsenal's one should have been given as offside first, but once it wasnt it was a foul, so a pen.

D

Deleted member 1740

And thats your first mistake. Dont take a players/managers reaction to be a litmus test for if a decision is right.

Arsenal's one should have been given as offside first, but once it wasnt it was a foul, so a pen.

I thought it was a harsh pen. Koscielny (sp?) has stooped to head it and Mee has stretched to win it, I think Mee was entitled to put a boot on it.

Koscielny's reaction was poor, Mee's boot never touched his face.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I thought it was a harsh pen. Koscielny (sp?) has stooped to head it and Mee has stretched to win it, I think Mee was entitled to put a boot on it.

Koscielny's reaction was poor, Mee's boot never touched his face.

Nar mate, he did dip slightly but only a foot or so. Mee's foot was still high and dangerous, and did make contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.