And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are we onto a different subject now ? When did I say I don't have belief that we can win big trophies ?

As for your question - we could we be competing for a big trophy this season, have to see how it goes and then with Klopp can see us building further to mount challenges for big trophies each season.

When you said Sanchez wanted to leave Arsenal because he knows that he won't win a big trophy there. You said that he could go to Madrid or City next year.

You didn't list Liverpool I was just curious to know why.

D

Deleted member 15344

When you said Sanchez wanted to leave Arsenal because he knows that he won't win a big trophy there. You said that he could go to Madrid or City next year.

Because that's the clubs I see going for him during the summer when he will be looking to leave - as already said I don't see Klopp going for him. Nothing to do with any belief I have in my own team challenging for trophies.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

Serious question Sean why would Sanchez leave a club he believes the players around him are not good enough to win trophies and go to another one with less good players.

If Arsenal show some ambition and buy world class players he will stay if not he will go to a club that does and I don't believe that will be in England imo.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I'm going for a 1-1 draw in the red game and 1-2 Citeh win.
Nothing would surprise me in either game tbh.
Everton look poor,but it depends which City turn up.
Jose looks to have got something going at UTD,Pogba & Ibra look quality. Liverpool struggling recently & Klopp doesn't seem to be have a plan B.
Should be a decent Super Sunday.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Serious question Sean why would Sanchez leave a club he believes the players around him are not good enough to win trophies and go to another one with less good players.

If Arsenal show some ambition and buy world class players he will stay if not he will go to a club that does and I don't believe that will be in England imo.

I wasn't really suggesting he should leave to go to Liverpool Tony.

Phil said that Sanchez would seek out a club that he could win a big trophy with and he gave examples.

He didn't list Liverpool so I was naturally curious to know why.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Up The Potters!

Marko Arnautovic is the man.
I slightly forgive Hughes after last weeks atrosity. Let's take it to Man Ure next weekend. :thup:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Never confident going to OT, but just hope the linesman brush up again on the offside rule.

I see we're back to answering all Arsenal questions with Liverpool in the sentence........yawn.

Sanchez, wonderful player and a great attitude in so many ways, but some of his antics recently are disrespectful to some of his team mates.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Was his heart on going to Arsenal in the first place, rumours are abound that he was on his way to City til the transfer embargo was placed on city a couple of years ago.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Obviously as a city fan am gonna say that was a penalty, clattenburg didn't give it. Sterling appealed for it so why did clattenburg not book him for diving. Which he didn't.

D

Deleted member 16999

Obviously as a city fan am gonna say that was a penalty, clattenburg didn't give it. Sterling appealed for it so why did clattenburg not book him for diving. Which he didn't.
Tbh Tash, there is contact, but certainly not a foul, Quinn's going on about entitlement to go down, it's the scourge of the game and all teams will appeal in those instances, anywhere else on the field the players wouldn't appeal they'd just get on with it, it seems it's only a contact sport outside the 18yd box.

D

Deleted member 18588

Because not all contact in the penalty area should lead to a penalty.

True, but that one was nailed on.

In the ref's defence his view of the contact from the goalkeeper would have been obscured by the defender sliding in.

Status
Not open for further replies.