And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 18588

If you take the time to read all posts I've already stated every team would call for it and there was contact, it still doesn't make it right though, has the keeper clipped his leg or is the forward trailing a leg looking for contact?

IMO it was clearly the former, Stirling had no need to dive. He had beaten the keeper and from that angle Baines wasn't getting there.

Still no matter the game is now deservedly won.

BTW there is no one who hates more than me that expression "He was entitled to go down." Stay on your bloody feet if you can as you won't score sat on your backside.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
For all that he talks rubbish most of the time I like Micky Quinn's take on diving in the box. He states he never did it as he wasn't often the penalty taker. "Why would I dive and give someone else the chance to score". He wanted to score more than anything. I like that view.

D

Deleted member 16999

Yeah,but my point was that it isn't necessarily cheating, otherwise the same could be labeled at defenders/keepers, saying they put in this types of fouls knowing that a penalty isn't always given.
Defenders should be rightly punished for a foul, they're scared to make a tackle in the box at times knowing that any contact, the forwards look to make the most of.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Now that's a fairy tale ending 👏👏👏

Thank god we didn't buy Stones 😂😂

D

Deleted member 16999

What a fantastic result, wouldn't of called that at halftime :whoo:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
IMO it was clearly the former, Stirling had no need to dive. He had beaten the keeper and from that angle Baines wasn't getting there.

Still no matter the game is now deservedly won.

BTW there is no one who hates more than me that expression "He was entitled to go down." Stay on your bloody feet if you can as you won't score sat on your backside.

He was clearly caught enough to bring him down. The replay shows as much. even sterling would be able to kick the floor and duff it into the net from the position he was in had he not be clipped.

D

Deleted member 16999

£5.00 Double on Everton & Utd,
currently offering £22.49 on cash out, projected returns £50.60.
Decisions, Decisions :rofl:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great performance by Everton and great to see to debutants get in on the goals.

Pep's press conference could be good.
I can see some so called big signings going in the for sale section soon.

Just hope Utd stuff Liverpool now and make it a perfect weekend.

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Everton 4 Man City 0 , Pep found wanting , been manager at micky mouse German and spain , In German he had the best players and club plus money to spend , easy , same in spain , Barcelona had Messi and the best midfield ever in a 2 club league , well maybe 3 , he could only win it was not hard if you had the best players in a league that had only a few tough games , over here they are all hard , don`t show up against the bottom teams and you get done ................looking forward to his press conference , the one after the Burnley game show a spoilt brat , see what this brings if he turns up ...................EYG

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Now that's a fairy tale ending 👏👏👏

Thank god we didn't buy Stones 😂😂

Your lot are going to be Chinese takeaways soon , Tottenham are the Team at the moment , hate to say it as a gunner but they are and most of the players are English too .....................EYG

D

Deleted member 16999

I'm sick of this Merseyside v Manchester crap, don't think anyone outside of Sky actually believes any of the 4 clubs fans care.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Your lot are going to be Chinese takeaways soon , Tottenham are the Team at the moment , hate to say it as a gunner but they are and most of the players are English too .....................EYG

Wow if my Arsenal mates saw this they would disown you.

Obviously Spurs are not the team of the moment Chelsea are.
Nice to have you back though always a laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.