And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I know 99% disagree, but that's why it should be a tier'd system, 30 bookings or 10 Reds - lose 1 point, 50 bookings or 15 Reds another 2 points, etc
With modern squads and wages missing 1 player for 3 games or 50 grand fines has little impact, losing points impacts on everyone and everyone would feel a collective responsibility.

There has been rumours of Chelsea being deducted points as they've a history of "not controlling their players" even though Conte doesn't think it'll happen http://www.skysports.com/football/n...els-threat-of-chelsea-points-deduction-a-joke

I think in the instance we saw in the City game, and others where players constantly surround the referee (it still happens even though there was suppose to be a clampdown this season) on a regular basis, there's a clear example. I thought clubs were already fined under FA rules if the team reached a certain number of yellow and red cards per season. However the issue is contentious as a referee only gets one chance to make a decision and bookings can't be rescinded and it's clear in every game not every yellow is deserved and other challenges are then let off without punishment

Football needs to do more, especially on cheating/diving and nothing is working. The so called clampdown on holding at set pieces has been shown to be unmanageable and quietly forgotten about so that's as bad as ever. Players go down at the softest (if any) touch and continue to con referees. I don't see it working although the need is there

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not a great result for Liverpool. A great save by the West Ham keeper from Henderson to make up for his blunder for the second Liverpool goal. I don't think the Liverpool keeper looks that good and certainly no better than Mignolet. The top of the table could get shaken up next week though with City v Arsenal and Liverpool will need something in the Mersey derby.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not a great result for Liverpool. A great save by the West Ham keeper from Henderson to make up for his blunder for the second Liverpool goal. I don't think the Liverpool keeper looks that good and certainly no better than Mignolet. The top of the table could get shaken up next week though with City v Arsenal and Liverpool will need something in the Mersey derby.

With the way Chelsea and Leicester beat city I can see the gooner speed merchants running the city back 3 or 4 ragged and the way everybody are taking points of both Merseyside clubs it is the harder one to call

D

Deleted member 15344

2 points dropped today

Started well , great goal from Lallana

Then let West Ham back into it

Think the GK is getting a bit of unfair flak in regards the goal - his positioning is ok , the wall crumbled but think his hand was a bit weak. Think it's poor from Carra to focus the blame on the second goal to him when all the errors were in front of him.

The situation with Karius is the way football is now - he is a young GK just arriving into the league , it's a very steep learning curve for anyone especially GK and he is being unfortunately crucified by certain pundits who should know better and understand that. I remember when De Gea first arrived and the lad was battered every single week ( not saying Karius is as good as De Gea ) but once he settled he showed how good he is. GK need time - it's ten games into his first season and thankfully I believe the manager is going to stick by him - shame some of the fans aren't.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
2 points dropped today

Think the GK is getting a bit of unfair flak in regards the goal - his positioning is ok , the wall crumbled but think his hand was a bit weak. Think it's poor from Carra to focus the blame on the second goal to him when all the errors were in front of him.

The situation with Karius is the way football is now - he is a young GK just arriving into the league , it's a very steep learning curve for anyone especially GK and he is being unfortunately crucified by certain pundits who should know better and understand that. I remember when De Gea first arrived and the lad was battered every single week ( not saying Karius is as good as De Gea ) but once he settled he showed how good he is. GK need time - it's ten games into his first season and thankfully I believe the manager is going to stick by him - shame some of the fans aren't.

I think they have called it just about right there. He was certainly indecisive on the 2nd goal.

Anyway get big Ming back in. :whoo:

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
2 points dropped today

Really?

I thought you were lucky to get anything. Especially as the West Ham keeper gifted you your equaliser.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Really?

I thought you were lucky to get anything. Especially as the West Ham keeper gifted you your equaliser.

I think most would agree that 1 point was 2 less than expected prior to kick off.

Agree on performance it was probably fair. Fast start for Liverpool but a blunder saved em. The save to Henderson wasn't as special as being portrayed IMO. Most keeps save those these days.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think Karius is a bag of nerves. It's understandable and he has the makings of a decent keeper but he's no offering anything that Mignolet doesn't. The problem with Karius is that he's made the odd gaff and it's playing on his mind. He needs a run of good solid games to get acclimatised. He's not alone in struggling early on and many have had dodgy starts and gone on to have good PL careers. However I don't think he's the answer, but I don't think Mignolet is either and I'd like to see Liverpool get a top keeper, and shore that back four up and personally I think they'll be a PL title threat for a few seasons to come.

I'd love to see the pace of Arsenal rip City to shreds. I like the way they are playing this season and City are certainly there for the taking on current form but I'm expecting Pep to get a reaction from them at home, However I see a banana skin for Arsenal at Goodison midweek

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think Karius is a bag of nerves. It's understandable and he has the makings of a decent keeper but he's no offering anything that Mignolet doesn't. The problem with Karius is that he's made the odd gaff and it's playing on his mind. He needs a run of good solid games to get acclimatised. He's not alone in struggling early on and many have had dodgy starts and gone on to have good PL careers. However I don't think he's the answer, but I don't think Mignolet is either and I'd like to see Liverpool get a top keeper, and shore that back four up and personally I think they'll be a PL title threat for a few seasons to come.

Oi, easy Homer, leave well alone.
It's okay just the way it is!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Well you've never had an objective view on our games have you,lets face it.

So your really saying West Ham deserved all 3 points?

I thought a draw was fair. Liverpool dominated early on but took their foot off the gas mid first half. West Ham played well to get the equaliser. After that it could have gone either way. Liverpool looked great going forward, but West Ham broke quickly.

Neither defences looked stella. Still think Liverpool get their keepers out of a lucky bag, or is it an unlucky bag.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I thought a draw was fair. Liverpool dominated early on but took their foot off the gas mid first half. West Ham played well to get the equaliser. After that it could have gone either way. Liverpool looked great going forward, but West Ham broke quickly.

Neither defences looked stella. Still think Liverpool get their keepers out of a lucky bag, or is it an unlucky bag.

A fair assessment as West ham did look dangerous at times, but to say we deserved no points from our performance is the sign of a bitter mind.

On current and historical form, our keepers arent in the top 50 in the Prem and championship. Karius may turn it around, we dont know, Mignolet is not the long term answer.

I just hope that Klopp isnt to proud to realise he cant coach everyone to become miles better, or bring someone through for every position. Sometimes you just need to go out and BUY the right man.

Last edited:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
A fair assessment as West ham did look dangerous at times, but to say we deserved no points from our performance is the sign of a bitter mind.

On current and historical form, our keepers arent in the top 50 in the Prem and championship. Karius may turn it around, we dont know, Mignolet is not the long term answer.

I just hope that Klopp isnt to proud to realise he cant coach everyone to become miles better, or bring someone through for every position. Sometimes you just need to go out and BUY the right man.

Just our luck that the cup isn't until Jan.

Youll probabaly have signed forster by then to sort your problems......

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Youse are like cockroaches though, just as we buy one of yours, 3 more pop up......we just cant keep pace with you.:D

The trick is to let the youngsters play just enough so as that it looks like we've got loads of cover and can afford to lose another star for 30m......

Not sure what's going on with fonte re a contract ATM and cb isn't a position we're blessed with cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.