And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 16999

Definitely hand ball, bit of luck, but I'll take it 😃

D

Deleted member 16999

Palace played much better in the 2nd half and had the better chances, not completely sure what the Palace 2nd goal was disallowed for.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
They had a bloke who ran in front of the keeper and did a feeble jump, possibly pulled out. He was deemed as interfering as it was right in front of the keepers eyeline.

Not our finest tonight so will take a point. Would have liked to have seen Delofeu have a run in the last 20. Koeman was too cautious tonight.

D

Deleted member 16999

They had a bloke who ran in front of the keeper and did a feeble jump, possibly pulled out. He was deemed as interfering as it was right in front of the keepers eyeline.

Not our finest tonight so will take a point. Would have liked to have seen Delofeu have a run in the last 20. Koeman was too cautious tonight.

He wasn't in squad, took a knock last week.

D

Deleted member 1740

Benteke :D

What happened to the flag "Ross is boss"?? It should be changed to "Ross was boss" :whistle:

D

Deleted member 16999

Benteke :D

What happened to the flag "Ross is boss"?? It should be changed to "Ross was boss" :whistle:
Just goes to show how decent Benteke is when you play to his strengths, another player you let slip :D

D

Deleted member 1740

Just goes to show how decent Benteke is when you play to his strengths, another player you let slip :D

He doesn't do much for us and he's a waste of money, he scores against your lot and he's decent striker??

Turn it in. I see normal service has resumed at woodison:rofl:

Ross was boss....

D

Deleted member 16999

He doesn't do much for us and he's a waste of money, he scores against your lot and he's decent striker??

Turn it in. I see normal service has resumed at woodison:rofl:

Ross was boss....
He's only played for them 5 times and already got a third of what he scored for you's, good record at every club he's played for except one.............all his fault though :clap: :clap:

D

Deleted member 1740

He's only played for them 5 times and already got a third of what he scored for you's, good record at every club he's played for except one.............all his fault though :clap: :clap:

Whoelse's fault is it? His performances were poor as was his workrate. Flat track bully imo.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Benteke's strengths were clear to see at Villa. They are clear at Palace. Liverpool wanted him to play a different way. Where is the sense in that? Liverpool took a round peg and tried to fit him in a square hole. Palace have put him back in a round hole.

D

Deleted member 1740

Benteke's strengths were clear to see at Villa. They are clear at Palace. Liverpool wanted him to play a different way. Where is the sense in that? Liverpool took a round peg and tried to fit him in a square hole. Palace have put him back in a round hole.

I agree and I said at the time how confused I was that we signed him as he wasn't a Rodgers type player. That said some of his performances were poor and that was down to the lack of effort and desire to be successful.

Surely an international footballer can play more than one way? We got our almost all of our money back on him anyway.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
They should but then you are not playing to their strengths. Imagine lumping high balls up to Messi? I agree it was just an odd signing for your style of play. He didn't put himself out but then maybe he realised he didn't fit and his heart wasn't in it. Players need to feel wanted. As you say, you got most of your money back so you did okay.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I agree and I said at the time how confused I was that we signed him as he wasn't a Rodgers type player. That said some of his performances were poor and that was down to the lack of effort and desire to be successful.

Surely an international footballer can play more than one way? We got our almost all of our money back on him anyway.

I would go further Stu and say he was never a Liverpool player.

I have mostly know Liverpool to play with the ball on the ground and imo whoever sanctioned a move for Benteke got it majorly wrong,however it also would have been passed by others as well.

The same has happened at Utd over the last few years where we were all about speed before but now we have had players that are pedestrian to say the least.

Maybe things are starting to change and Jose can see we are too slow in our build up.

The way Liverpool play under Klopp he likes to press and has fit players and its working.

D

Deleted member 16999

So your then manager bought a player who didn't fit in and then had no desire and showed a lack of effort and was one dimensional.

But you got your money back so still the players fault.

Or, it was a panic buy and as it didn't workout, still blame the player.

D

Deleted member 16999

I would go further Stu and say he was never a Liverpool player.

I have mostly know Liverpool to play with the ball on the ground and imo whoever sanctioned a move for Benteke got it majorly wrong,however it also would have been passed by others as well.

The same has happened at Utd over the last few years where we were all about speed before but now we have had players that are pedestrian to say the least.

Maybe things are starting to change and Jose can see we are too slow in our build up.

The way Liverpool play under Klopp he likes to press and has fit players and its working.
I get all that Tony, but to accuse Benteke of showing a lack of effort and no desire to be succesful is poor.

Isn't it a club's responsibility to manage these people and communicate what's expected.

He never lost his fitness, maintained his international place and was worth 30+ Mil, surely people in the game looking in to buy players would see that so his value was maintained.

Fair enough on Klopp he inherited him, but rather than simply say the club messed up they blame the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.