And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Odd with Pogba and Pique there isn't it?

I know utd pride themselves on bringing youth through yet he seemed reluctant to give those 2 a chance and let both go for peanuts.

Being fair, I dont think Pique had peaked yet, when he went.

Pogba ran his contract down, I think, but the main reason was due to him not feeling he was given a fair crack, exacerbated by Scholes being brought out of retirement, instead of starting to give Pogba the odd game.

Short-termism on that one, and with Fergie leaving an ageing squad, I think protected his own interests, as he could always say "well I left them as Champions". Still suffering from it IMHO.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Being fair, I dont think Pique had peaked yet, when he went.

Pogba ran his contract down, I think, but the main reason was due to him not feeling he was given a fair crack, exacerbated by Scholes being brought out of retirement, instead of starting to give Pogba the odd game.

Short-termism on that one, and with Fergie leaving an ageing squad, I think protected his own interests, as he could always say "well I left them as Champions". Still suffering from it IMHO.

Can't argue with that.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site

Hadn't thought about it like that as don't really care about Utd but probably a fair criticism I think.

A lot of chat with Moyes was that "Fergie won the team with them last year".....

D

Deleted member 16999

Arsenal have agreed to sign Japan forward Takuma Asano.

Google says 😃 21 year old, just called up for national team, 2 goals in 11 league matches this season.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Arsenal have agreed to sign Japan forward Takuma Asano.

Google says �� 21 year old, just called up for national team, 2 goals in 11 league matches this season.

Arsene does like having a lot of folk at his disposal...

As well as the first team squad there's [I've read] about forty others on the books...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A type of player Everton have not really had. Could open defences for us in a different way. If Stu is unhappy then that says enough about Mata 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.