Status
Not open for further replies.

G.U.R

Head Pro
Visit site

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
The last striker Chelsea bought from Marseille wasn't bad so fingers crossed. Falcao and Pato have already gone and Saha is expected to be off too. Conte prefers to play with 2 strikers so will be interesting to see who comes and who goes.

Didn't know Louis Saha was still playing, let alone for Chelsea ;)

Batshuayi is a handy signing. Clearly a lot of interest in him, be interesting to see how much game time he gets. I think Chelsea could be the team to beat with Conte in charge next season.

G.U.R

Head Pro
Visit site
Didn't know Louis Saha was still playing, let alone for Chelsea ;)

Batshuayi is a handy signing. Clearly a lot of interest in him, be interesting to see how much game time he gets. I think Chelsea could be the team to beat with Conte in charge next season.

Loic Remy is what I meant, not sure where I got Saha from :confused:

He certainly seems to get the most from his players, as long as the squad buy's into it then Chelsea will do well, though there do seem to be a few ego's there that need pampering to.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh there's definitely egos, but seems like Conte is the sort of character that will get results wherever he goes. No-one picked this Italy team to do anything, but he's got them playing the best football in the tournament. Chelsea will be well organised but dynamic in attack. Hazard playing well in the Euro's is a massive boost too, if he gets back on form Chelsea will be dangerous.

G.U.R

Head Pro
Visit site
Unusual for a continental manager to play with two up to, will be interesting to see.

He also favours 3 at the back, but may have to adjust depending on purchases in the summer. So far I like what I've seen and heard from him. His English is already better than Ranieri's.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It wouldn't be a bad move, and he could be available.

I know Pulis was really keen on him but don't know what Hughes thinks.

If we get Berahino as rumoured i'd be extremely chuffed but think a bigger club will step in at the end of it.

D

Deleted member 15344

Oh there's definitely egos, but seems like Conte is the sort of character that will get results wherever he goes. No-one picked this Italy team to do anything, but he's got them playing the best football in the tournament. Chelsea will be well organised but dynamic in attack. Hazard playing well in the Euro's is a massive boost too, if he gets back on form Chelsea will be dangerous.

For Real Madrid of course yes ? Think he is playing for the big move abroad and would be surprised to see him stay especially without CL football.

Batshuayi is a decent player but very much untested as such - clever movement. Certainly needs to hope get more from him compared to recent signings.

Conte is a good manager - certainly gets a lot from his players - going to be interesting to see who else he brings in and how he handles the prem

With Pep , Klopp and Maureen plus Wenger in the league next season it could be fireworks on the sidelines - wonder what the odds are for the first one to get a touchline ban

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
City are very quietly and calmly making some tidy signings. A top centre half and they are in business again.

not sure I 100% agree with you.

IF Gundogan gets back to his best then yes I'd agree because he's a brilliant player on his day. However he has been in and out of fitness so much recently that you don't know what his form is going to be like.

Nolito whilst having a good season looked way way out of his depth for Spain in the Euro's and not sure he's the right signing for City but time will tell. £14 mil is a risk for a 29 year old who's had 1 good season.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
not sure I 100% agree with you.

IF Gundogan gets back to his best then yes I'd agree because he's a brilliant player on his day. However he has been in and out of fitness so much recently that you don't know what his form is going to be like.

Nolito whilst having a good season looked way way out of his depth for Spain in the Euro's and not sure he's the right signing for City but time will tell. £14 mil is a risk for a 29 year old who's had 1 good season.

Fair comment but no one has looked good at the euros, I wouldn't offer £20 for Ronaldo on current form. I'm not a city fan but I would trust Guardiola and his judgement on players. I suppose I like the no fuss manner of their buying. Players in before pre season, no drawn out sagas. Very smooth.

As you say though, they could be dogs. Ha ha.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Fair comment but no one has looked good at the euros, I wouldn't offer £20 for Ronaldo on current form. I'm not a city fan but I would trust Guardiola and his judgement on players. I suppose I like the no fuss manner of their buying. Players in before pre season, no drawn out sagas. Very smooth.

As you say though, they could be dogs. Ha ha.

yeah i'm keen on managers doing that way. Really enjoyed Mark Hughes way of going about it with the majority of our transfers.

There's a few players i've really liked the look of over the Euros these include:

Draxler
Milik
Krychowiak
Kimmich
Khedira
Kroos
Pelle
Perisic

Status
Not open for further replies.