And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 1740

Nar, Millies technically a lot better.

Good first touch, takes a mean corner and has great crossing ability, can beat a man on occasion as well.

Diry Kuyt was cockney rhyming slang for ......the most hard working player I've ever seen, but poor first touch and not the best passing ability.

Kuyt's 2nd touch was a foul.

D

Deleted member 1740

I'd say Firminho is his biggest improvement.

Turned him from a slow winger into an international class striker, and with only one good eye. ;)

😁😁

we could've named at least another 5/6 players and we'd both be right.

D

Deleted member 15344

Nar, Millies technically a lot better.

Good first touch, takes a mean corner and has great crossing ability, can beat a man on occasion as well.

Diry Kuyt was cockney rhyming slang for ......the most hard working player I've ever seen, but poor first touch and not the best passing ability.
Kuyts second touch was normally a tackle :ROFLMAO:
He did pop up with some crucial goals and I thought at times he was superb

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
So the 50 games I seen him wide, I must have imagined. He has only been a central striker since last season.
I'm just saying, if you buy a central player, then play him out of position on the wing for a bit, then move him back to the centre, you can't really give the manager credit for moulding him into a central player when he already was one. :p

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm just saying, if you buy a central player, then play him out of position on the wing for a bit, then move him back to the centre, you can't really give the manager credit for moulding him into a central player when he already was one. :p

He was originally a defender in his early career, he played wide for Hoffenheim, then for us........he has only played centrally since last season.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He was originally a defender in his early career, he played wide for Hoffenheim, then for us........he has only played centrally since last season.
Here is his performance data for 14/15, his last season at Hoffenheim:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/roberto-firmino/leistungsdaten/spieler/131789/plus/0?saison=2014
34 times appearing centrally, 2 times he played on the left.
13/14: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/roberto-firmino/leistungsdaten/spieler/131789/plus/0?saison=2013
36 appearances centrally, 1 played on the right.

But by all means, tell me more about how Klopp the genius converted him from being a winger. :LOL:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Here is his performance data for 14/15, his last season at Hoffenheim:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/roberto-firmino/leistungsdaten/spieler/131789/plus/0?saison=2014
34 times appearing centrally, 2 times he played on the left.
13/14: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/roberto-firmino/leistungsdaten/spieler/131789/plus/0?saison=2013
36 appearances centrally, 1 played on the right.

But by all means, tell me more about how Klopp the genius converted him from being a winger. :LOL:

Ah a website.

Where did fantasy football have Michu playing as, Salah, Mane.

Is salah a striker, a forward, a wide right, an inside right, an inverted winger.

Know the game, not the stats.(y)

D

Deleted member 18588

It's a factual record of where he started each game. Wtf are you talking about? :LOL:

I think LB is probably talking about actual football where the very best players are often fluid in their positioning rather than a website that cannot recognise such fluidity.

The compilers of such sites only have so many categories into which they are required to place all players.

A difference between real and virtual football.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think LB is probably talking about actual football where the very best players are often fluid in their positioning rather than a website that cannot recognise such fluidity.

The compilers of such sites only have so many categories into which they are required to place all players.

A difference between real and virtual football.
I think a football data compiling website can figure out if a player started in the middle or out wide actually. It isn't too tough to spot.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I think a football data compiling website can figure out if a player started in the middle or out wide actually. It isn't too tough to spot.
I wouldn't trust it too much, it also has milner only playing cm a handful of times for AV in his seasons with them.......

Also, wasn't Liverbirdies initial point that Klopp had improved Friminho? Irrespective of whether he was used on the wing, or the centre. It was always behid the striker as support. He is now the focal point.

D

Deleted member 18588

That is exactly the point.

Where some website decides a player has started a game is often totally and utterly irrelevant as the game progresses.

As far as I can see such sites serve very little purpose in adding to the appreciation of a game or an individual's performance.

"Lies, damn lies or statistics " take your pick.