And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

Jorginho is so good - breaks the record for most touches in a PL game, most passes of any player this season, >90% pass accuracy, so good at the job he's been bought in to do. Just a shame he is feeding an attack led by Morata. Add a world-class striker and they're serious title contenders.
Shame most of those passes seem to be 5 yards sideways- they don’t seem to be passes with any real intent or threatening and certainly not with any real pace or urgency .Surely Kante can do that and then you add in someone with a bit more of a threat in the middle that can drive forward and get closer to people like Hazard and Willian etc .

Jorginho certainly doesn’t look a player that frightens teams and certainly not a player you would be worried about - yep looks good in stats and retaining possession but doesn’t seem to carry a threat

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Think the coach has to shoulder some of the blame...
Insisting on playing a 'system' with a set of players incapable of delivering the 'system'...

what is the system? we have 4 midfielders all who want to play narrow and 2 strikers who both want to play down the middle, yet only playing 4 at the back stops the full backs providing the width going forward. think the players understand it as much as i do

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
dont understand the system were trying to play at all, seems to be plenty of round pegs and square holes, too many wanting to play in the same space

I think Emery has inheritted a very imbalanced squad, of similar players. The rewards of Wengers shotgun recruitment policy of buying what is available, not what is needed.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think Emery has inheritted a very imbalanced squad, of similar players. The rewards of Wengers shotgun recruitment policy of buying what is available, not what is needed.

he bought 5 or 6 players in the summer, most he doesnt seem to want to pick, cant say I understand him or his approach yet

I see we still havent sorted Ramseys contract too so were either going to pay him double what hes worth or let him go cheap (sounds like someone elses contract negotiations lol)

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site

Verily... But, until as such a time he gets the 'right' players in, to deliver his ideas...
He should be making some attempt to adapt, his ways, to suit what he has to hand...
Playing out from the back looking particularly precarious...

D

Deleted member 15344

Hopefully this game will provide some entertainment in the second half - certainly not been a “Super Sunday” yet. Lots of attacking players in all four teams but zero goals so far.