And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Question from someone who doesn't watch Everton very much - Oumar Niasse often seems to nab a goal when he comes on, I even saw a stat that says he has the most minutes per goal ratio of your forwards. What does he have to do to get a start? Or is he actually rubbish and the stats are lying?

He is rubbish and the stats are lying :D. He is your classic, high pace, no touch, poor finishing sort of striker. He works as an impact player when the defence is tired. When they are fresh he is just not good enough.

The classic for him is when he is through on goal. Does he a/ stroke it a la Henry in the corner b/ place it firmly and solidly in a place where he is in control. If the keeper saves it then well done him c/ blast it as hard as he can? He is a classic C. It could go in, it could hit the keeper in the middle of his chest, it could go 10yds over the bar. He is one of them.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He is rubbish and the stats are lying :D. He is your classic, high pace, no touch, poor finishing sort of striker. He works as an impact player when the defence is tired. When they are fresh he is just not good enough.

The classic for him is when he is through on goal. Does he a/ stroke it a la Henry in the corner b/ place it firmly and solidly in a place where he is in control. If the keeper saves it then well done him c/ blast it as hard as he can? He is a classic C. It could go in, it could hit the keeper in the middle of his chest, it could go 10yds over the bar. He is one of them.
Fair enough. Is he worse than Tosun though? I started the season with Tosun in my fantasy team, thinking he would do well. He is no longer in my fantasy team.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tosun finished last season really well. Good hold up play, brings other players into the game, finished well. This season he has still done the first two parts well but he has gone stone cold in front of goal. He needs one to go in off his shins, his backside, anything to get his confidence back. I like him, he could be good for us so I hope Silva sticks with him. In all honesty I don't think we really have any other options up top of that quality. Niasse is not good enough, Calvert-Lewin is not yet strong enough or good enough to be the focal point.

In addition, I don't think Niasse brings the other players into the game, he doesn't have that skill set. Calvert Lewin does but it is a big ask for him at this stage still.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Question from someone who doesn't watch Everton very much - Oumar Niasse often seems to nab a goal when he comes on, I even saw a stat that says he has the most minutes per goal ratio of your forwards. What does he have to do to get a start? Or is he actually rubbish and the stats are lying?

He’s dreadful. Scabbed a few goals late in games but as a lead striker he’s nowhere near good enough. He’s slow, has a clumsy first touch, can’t pass, constantly gets caught offside and pretty much only scores tap ins. Don’t rate Niasse at all.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Oooof. This FIFA awards ceremony is a tough watch. Players who don’t want to be there and a ceremony script written by Nick Faldo.
Never a fan of this or the Ballon D'Or (and similar) and seem a real bore fest. No issue recognising the best players but not great TV viewing. That said HID has celebrity antiques road trip on so it's a close run thing

D

Deleted member 15344

What the heck are those awards about

Is it club or International football ?

How is De Bruyne not in the team of the year ? No Kane ?

Courtious GK of the Year yet De Gea in the team of the Year

Salah in the top three of players of the year but not in the team of the year ?!

Very strange

D

Deleted member 1740

Spurs won saturday an not a peep about how tired they looked/were or how thin the squad is......

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Salah in the top three of players of the year but not in the team of the year ?!

Very strange
Blame Brexit Phil. 😁

Joking aside. Have you seen the latest comparisons between last seasons first six games and this seasons. Its on the BBC site. Very interesting. Chelsea doin very well as are Liverpool + 3 points. city exactly the same amd the only team that are, and on for another 100 points
( paper talk not mine). Newcastle worst of the lot.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Very strange

Like the balon d'or, they very rarely recognise English players or players doing well at English clubs or German clubs.

I'm not saying that Mo should have won it but generally its the Barca/Real/Juve love in virtually every year.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Apparently Salah won the Puskas award with only a half decent goal as well. Puskas award used to be great and have some ridiculous goals in - that one shouldn't even have been nominated, let alone win it. I thought Bale's Champs League final goal would have been a worthy winner.

D

Deleted member 18121

Apparently Salah won the Puskas award with only a half decent goal as well. Puskas award used to be great and have some ridiculous goals in - that one shouldn't even have been nominated, let alone win it. I thought Bale's Champs League final goal would have been a worthy winner.

I think the biggest thing to take from the whole awards ceremony is that its just a popularity contest. Look at who voted for X,Y,Z and realise that they're all just patting eachother on the back, but as long as you play for the biggest clubs in spain.

The whole thing is a joke and a waste of time.