And, we’re off.......2018/2019

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All players have release clauses in Spain. And due to their selection policy, Bilbao are always reluctant to sell so if you want one of theirs and they have potential it’s gonna cost.

And don't forget Dave you have to take in to account what we sell Coutois for. If we get 30 then Kepa will only cost 41

D

Deleted member 16999

And don't forget Dave you have to take in to account what we sell Coutois for. If we get 30 then Kepa will only cost 41
If Kepa is worth 71, Courtois must be worth more!, release clauses tend to be artificially inflated, but you’d still value Courtois as £60mil + in todays market.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If Kepa is worth 71, Courtois must be worth more!, release clauses tend to be artificially inflated, but you’d still value Courtois as £60mil + in todays market.

Only used as an example Paul. I don't know what we will get for Courtois but whatever it is it will make the Kepa deal a good deal. Cheap as chips

D

Deleted member 16999

Only used as an example Paul. I don't know what we will get for Courtois but whatever it is it will make the Kepa deal a good deal. Cheap as chips
It’s disappointing if it means Courtois forcing the sale Chelsea lose out.
BBC announcing Kepa has paid the release clause to La Liga!

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
If the media are to be believed, Pogba (or most likely his agent) has demanded a £200k pay rise , or, if not, he wants to go to Barce. Boateng has rejected a move away from Bayern (shock) and if he goes anywhere, its likely to be PSG. What is happening at OT ????

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Roma initially asked for 90 mil for Allison i suspect to get De Gea would cost a fortune , same with the Milan GK - their cost is rising especially when people see how a GK can cost a team a massive game

If this transfer goes through Chelsea could have themselves a number one keeper for a decade
How can you compare any of them to this guy? Allison fee was high, but at least he was playing Champion's League football and is Brazil number 1. Kepa has a single cap and plays for a team just avoiding relegation. Would be like paying 70 million quid for Jack Butland.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If the media are to be believed, Pogba (or most likely his agent) has demanded a £200k pay rise , or, if not, he wants to go to Barce.
I know football contracts are written on toilet paper these days, but it still doesn't really work like that. Man Utd can very easily not sell him to Barca and also not give him any sort of payrise if they so choose.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
If the media are to be believed, Pogba (or most likely his agent) has demanded a £200k pay rise , or, if not, he wants to go to Barce. Boateng has rejected a move away from Bayern (shock) and if he goes anywhere, its likely to be PSG. What is happening at OT ????

Roaila is a (infraction) ......... after another £41m cut no doubt. Also knowing what sanchez is on as he was Mkhitaryn agent.

Good job Rom dumped him!

Boateng was never really an option IMO believe 4th back up and didn't show much promise in the WC, as Woodward doesnt seem to want to pay going rates these days seem to be scrambling around for bargains you would of thought he learnt from Perisic last year an extra 5m is sometimes worth it!

But heyho overall the 2nd placed squad has been improved on with 2 new midfielders.

Role on friday which ever 11 wear red(and black this year) its go time !!!

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know football contracts are written on toilet paper these days, but it still doesn't really work like that. Man Utd can very easily not sell him to Barca and also not give him any sort of payrise if they so choose.

which is exactly what they should do and then ask him on sept 1st if he plays for 1st Xi as managers wants or has a season or 3 in the U23's at Leigh on a friday night.

D

Deleted member 15344

not with only 1 year on his contract though 35m is a lot of ££'s for 1 season?
Yep his price was always going to be reduced because he has one year left and wants to move - £30mil for a player with one year left is better than 0 in 12 months

How can you compare any of them to this guy? Allison fee was high, but at least he was playing Champion's League football and is Brazil number 1. Kepa has a single cap and plays for a team just avoiding relegation. Would be like paying 70 million quid for Jack Butland.

Because this is a keeper who is earmarked to take over from De Gea and a keeper that Real Madrid were looking to spend £50mil on before the contract was signed - he has a single cap because of De Gea , he is a potential world class keeper and that’s going to cost someone some money

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

It's a shame Courtois is behaving as he is. He posted Cech and to be fair to Chelsea they respected cech and let him go to a rival with your blessing.

Whilst I think 71m is a lot, like you say it's only cost9ng you 40. And if he's half as good as homer says, then you may have a bargain!

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's a shame Courtois is behaving as he is. He posted Cech and to be fair to Chelsea they respected cech and let him go to a rival with your blessing.

Whilst I think 71m is a lot, like you say it's only cost9ng you 40. And if he's half as good as homer says, then you may have a bargain!

Totally agree but the only problem in this is Homer. And we know what his predictions are like

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

Would be interested to see how Courtois behaviour impacts on the price agreed for him. After all, if you are looking to buy a player and that player has openly stated that they want to leave and has gone awol until that happens, as a selling club it does not exactly put you in the strongest of negotiating positions.

D

Deleted member 16999

not with only 1 year on his contract though 35m is a lot of ££'s for 1 season?
I get that, but still another transfer window before then and maybe take the time to find his replacement rather than being rushed.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Because this is a keeper who is earmarked to take over from De Gea and a keeper that Real Madrid were looking to spend £50mil on before the contract was signed - he has a single cap because of De Gea , he is a potential world class keeper and that’s going to cost someone some money

Earmarked to take over De Gea? When? De Gea's 27, he's only 4 years older than Kepa.

Also - Madrid nearly bought him for £17.9m in January before he signed his new contract - not 50m.

D

Deleted member 15344

Earmarked to take over De Gea? When? De Gea's 27, he's only 4 years older than Kepa.

Also - Madrid nearly bought him for £17.9m in January before he signed his new contract - not 50m.

Would you preferred they went for Pickford and got him ?

I dont see what peoples issues are - this is a very talented keeper with massive potential to become a World Class keeper - this is the guy that was very close to replacing De Gea at the World Cup after De Gea had a few high profile errors - the only reason he didnt end up at Madrid was because Zidane didnt think it was the right time mid season. He would have left for free but understand the club said they would put him in the stands which would have ruined his World Cup.

If he plays well for Chelsea they get a top quality keeper and he gives himself the chance to take the spanish No 1 spot

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

He was earmarked to take over from De Gea two hours ago when Phil made it up. :rolleyes:

'He's a good young keeper who might be really good one day' is not worth a WORLD RECORD FEE for a keeper. Get a grip. I can't believe that anyone believes that is reasonable.

D

Deleted member 15344

He was earmarked to take over from De Gea two hours ago when Phil made it up. :rolleyes:

'He's a good young keeper who might be really good one day' is not worth a WORLD RECORD FEE for a keeper. Get a grip. I can't believe that anyone believes that is reasonable.

Not so long ago you didn’t really have a clue about him now you know enough to question other people in regards what they believe

After De Gea had a mare in the World Cup and all the suggesting was that Kepa was to come in and replace him for the rest of the World - he is a keeper waiting in the Wings to be given a chance

The fee is what it is because of his release clause - Chelsea will look at it paying £40mil.

The keeper is one of the best in La Liga right now with prob just Oblak ahead of him.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

I think it is very reasonable, as long as it is not Arsenal paying it. Any other club, spend away, as it reduces the amount they have in the transfer pot for other purchases.