And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

Social media reporting that Chelsea are spending £71mil on Kepa Arrizabalaga from Bilbao - he was looking like going to Madrid until he signed a new contract

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think the Courtois behaviour is terrible and highlights everything that's wrong in the game. Holding the club to ransom in effect. Personally I'd let him rot with the youth team. Won't happen, he'll get his move. Not the first to do this and it'll increase more and more. Kepa looks a great keeper so maybe it will actually be a good result. Good business by Fulham to get Chambers from Arsenal on loan. Happy with that and think it'll be good for him too

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think the Courtois behaviour is terrible and highlights everything that's wrong in the game. Holding the club to ransom in effect. Personally I'd let him rot with the youth team. Won't happen, he'll get his move. Not the first to do this and it'll increase more and more. Kepa looks a great keeper so maybe it will actually be a good result. Good business by Fulham to get Chambers from Arsenal on loan. Happy with that and think it'll be good for him too

Sorry Homer me man, I think you have seen too much sun at Royal Ascot practice ground if you think getting Chambers is good business for Fulham. Good for Arsenal by off loading him. He is poor

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Sorry Homer me man, I think you have seen too much sun at Royal Ascot practice ground if you think getting Chambers is good business for Fulham. Good for Arsenal by off loading him. He is poor

Of all the players we lost in recent times to big clubs, he was the strangest. I remember Reid coming out and catergorically stating nobody else was for sale.

Then along came wenger and the club almost drove Callum up there. He wasn’t even our second best right back at the time. Now he’s nobody’s second best anything....

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Of all the players we lost in recent times to big clubs, he was the strangest. I remember Reid coming out and catergorically stating nobody else was for sale.

Then along came wenger and the club almost drove Callum up there. He wasn’t even our second best right back at the time. Now he’s nobody’s second best anything....

They must of only got him as backup. Surely their defence is not that bad for him to walk straight into the 1st team

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
They must of only got him as backup. Surely their defence is not that bad for him to walk straight into the 1st team

I guess as a loan it’s pretty harmless, didn’t really watch the championship last season (figured I’d be watching it this year)! But if defence is a weakness, he certainly won’t help much!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bernard to Everton is great buisness

We were in for him but were longing it out hoping his wage demands would drop.. rumoured to be 150k a week plus

Everton were willing to pay it so swooped in

He looks class

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
While it's hilarious that there is a keeper named 'Kepa', I'm absolutely staggered at the price being mentioned at £71mil. Where on earth has that come from? It's not as people have been talking about him as one of the best young keepers out there have they? Barely heard his name. Saw he was third choice in the Spain squad at the World Cup and that was about it.

D

Deleted member 15344

Kepa has been playing well for Bilbao for a while , was superb for the Spain Under 21's and was back up to De Gea , when Madrid gave up on getting De Gea he was their next target and tried to get a deal done in Jan but he signed a contract and pretty much kept Bilbao up. I expected him to go in the summer for a bigger fee to Madrid.

I think he is going to be like De Gea in the league - he is very young and has had troubles at crosses but brilliant shot stopper , its a very bold move from Chelsea that could give them a world class Keeper for years - or it could be a move too early too much and in the limelight.

Bernard over the years has had loads of offers but they dried up when he became very inconsistent over the past 18 months - at one point he was going to be a permanent fixture for Brazil but faded away - on a free its small risk but if he is getting 150K a week ?? not sure his performances will justify that -dont seen him doing much in the prem , if they get rid of Lookman because he has arrived then thats a mistake

D

Deleted member 1740

Kepa has been playing well for Bilbao for a while , was superb for the Spain Under 21's and was back up to De Gea , when Madrid gave up on getting De Gea he was their next target and tried to get a deal done in Jan but he signed a contract and pretty much kept Bilbao up. I expected him to go in the summer for a bigger fee to Madrid.

I think he is going to be like De Gea in the league - he is very young and has had troubles at crosses but brilliant shot stopper , its a very bold move from Chelsea that could give them a world class Keeper for years - or it could be a move too early too much and in the limelight.

Bernard over the years has had loads of offers but they dried up when he became very inconsistent over the past 18 months - at one point he was going to be a permanent fixture for Brazil but faded away - on a free its small risk but if he is getting 150K a week ?? not sure his performances will justify that -dont seen him doing much in the prem , if they get rid of Lookman because he has arrived then thats a mistake

Hopefully it ends the myth that Butland is a Top Top Keeper.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site

Do you watch a lot of the Ukrayina Liha then?

Agreed re: Lookman though, he better not be sold. He's so talented we need to keep him around. Be so annoyed if he ends up leaving. I think Bernard has been bought in to fill Mirallas' place in the squad, or at least I hope so anyway.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

He was ok back end of last season. I think he has not developed much under Wenger, but who has? He is a bit slow, but still has a lot of potential. With some proper coaching, and a better system I think he will be ok.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
While it's hilarious that there is a keeper named 'Kepa', I'm absolutely staggered at the price being mentioned at £71mil. Where on earth has that come from? It's not as people have been talking about him as one of the best young keepers out there have they? Barely heard his name. Saw he was third choice in the Spain squad at the World Cup and that was about it.

All players have release clauses in Spain. And due to their selection policy, Bilbao are always reluctant to sell so if you want one of theirs and they have potential it’s gonna cost.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
All players have release clauses in Spain. And due to their selection policy, Bilbao are always reluctant to sell so if you want one of theirs and they have potential it’s gonna cost.
There must be other options though. Potentially similar or better options for less. Surely.

D

Deleted member 15344

There must be other options though. Potentially similar or better options for less. Surely.

Roma initially asked for 90 mil for Allison i suspect to get De Gea would cost a fortune , same with the Milan GK - their cost is rising especially when people see how a GK can cost a team a massive game

If this transfer goes through Chelsea could have themselves a number one keeper for a decade

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site

Oblak's release clause is something like £15m more. I'd pay it personally.

Jonathan Biabiany needs to make his mind up about what he wants to do with his career. Just seen his career history on Twitter:

- 2004: Signs for Inter Milan

- 2009: Signs for Parma on loan

- 2010: Signs for Parma

- 2010: Signs for Inter

- 2011: Signs for Parma

- 2015: Signs for Inter

- 2018: Signs for Parma on loan