And, we’re off.......2018/2019

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Gazidis is a weasel. Spends 10 years trying to be the main man at Arsenal, and then the moment he has to front up and deliver on his promises, he wants to bail to Milan.

D

Deleted member 16999

This would be an absolute disaster for Arsenal. He can then compulsory purchase the remaining shares from the AST and de-list from the stock exchange. Re-list in Denver, leverage all the money he has just spent back onto Arsenal, and the club will be massively in debt forever.

And my worry is Usmanov joins Moshri at Everton!

D

Deleted member 16999

That is why he is selling out to Kroenke. He will 100% be buying into Everton.
He’s already in! He loaned the money to Moshri and his firm sponsor the training facilities! It’s only FA rules that have stopped him doing it formally.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
This would be an absolute disaster for Arsenal. He can then compulsory purchase the remaining shares from the AST and de-list from the stock exchange. Re-list in Denver, leverage all the money he has just spent back onto Arsenal, and the club will be massively in debt forever.

welcome to the dodgy leverage buy out club!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
He’s already in! He loaned the money to Moshri and his firm sponsor the training facilities! It’s only FA rules that have stopped him doing it formally.

Moshri owned half of Red and White holdings, with Usmanov. He sold his half to Usmanov to buy into Everton. Not exactly a loan, but not far off!

D

Deleted member 16999

Moshri owned half of Red and White holdings, with Usmanov. He sold his half to Usmanov to buy into Everton. Not exactly a loan, but not far off!
We were investigated when Usmanov sponsored the training ground, certainly smells a bit to me!

D

Deleted member 16999

Hart's gone to Burnley. They now have 3 very good English goalkeepers in Hart, Pope and Heaton.
2 injured though, Heaton’s injury might be worse than thought.
3rd Choice keeper played against Aberdeen.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hart's gone to Burnley. They now have 3 very good English goalkeepers in Hart, Pope and Heaton.
No.. they have two very good English goalkeepers, and Joe Hart.

I can only imagine Pope and Heaton are out for a long time if they've gone and signed Hart permanently. They'll have a bit of a problem on their hands when all are fit. I'd have thought surely Pope remains first choice after performing so brilliantly last season.

Fish

Banned
Visit site

I can only imagine Pope and Heaton are out for a long time if they've gone and signed Hart permanently. They'll have a bit of a problem on their hands when all are fit. I'd have thought surely Pope remains first choice after performing so brilliantly last season.

Pope will have to fight and regain his place then, I think it’s a very good and shrewd signing. Burnley played well last season and are sniffing to enter that top 6 area of teams.

D

Deleted member 16999

Granted Pope took his chance, but it was Heaton who was established at No1 and but for the injury would of probably been England’s No 1 in Russia, imo.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Granted Pope took his chance, but it was Heaton who was established at No1 and but for the injury would of probably been England’s No 1 in Russia, imo.
You thought he was going to go from 3 senior caps to England number 1 in the space of a season? Highly doubtful. He was always solid for Burnley, but Pope was incredible when he came in. Also with Heaton 32 and Pope 26, I think they'd be silly to leave Pope out of the side and risk him leaving. (This on the basis of all of them being fit I mean.) Given that they've just purchased Hart, I think Heaton will be the one to leave when it comes down to it.

D

Deleted member 16999

You thought he was going to go from 3 senior caps to England number 1 in the space of a season? Highly doubtful. He was always solid for Burnley, but Pope was incredible when he came in. Also with Heaton 32 and Pope 26, I think they'd be silly to leave Pope out of the side and risk him leaving. (This on the basis of all of them being fit I mean.) Given that they've just purchased Hart, I think Heaton will be the one to leave when it comes down to it.
That was 3 more than Pickford had at the time. :thup:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That was 3 more than Pickford had at the time. :thup:
Well I suppose so, options were pretty thin on the ground. But then Pickford was a lot younger. Thing is Pope himself had a better season than Heaton ever had, and he only made it to England's number 3. We were told Southgate chose Pickford because he's happiest with the ball at his feet, so even with a fit Heaton that probably still would have happened.

D

Deleted member 16999

Well I suppose so, options were pretty thin on the ground. But then Pickford was a lot younger. Thing is Pope himself had a better season than Heaton ever had, and he only made it to England's number 3. We were told Southgate chose Pickford because he's happiest with the ball at his feet, so even with a fit Heaton that probably still would have happened.
It’s guesswork mate, Heaton was the established Burnley No1 and England only called up Pickford to replace the injured Heaton for the Slovenia game.
If Heaton hadn’t got injured then there was a great possibility Pope or Pickford wouldn’t of got their chance.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It’s guesswork mate, Heaton was the established Burnley No1 and England only called up Pickford to replace the injured Heaton for the Slovenia game.
If Heaton hadn’t got injured then there was a great possibility Pope or Pickford wouldn’t of got their chance.
Well he had a chance as much as the others I guess, we'll never know. The point is, unless him and/or Pope are injured for most of this season, I think it might be a bit short-sighted to have bought Hart. When all are fit Hart is the worst of the three, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's taking the biggest wages.