And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
You must give your employer 28 days’ notice if you want to change your start date.

You do not have to give a precise date when you want to take leave (for example 1 February). Instead you can give a general time, such as the day of the birth or 1 week after the birth.

Yeah that was my take on it. I'd imagine footballers don't take it. They generally miss a game at most, so whilst it looks ridiculous to punish him for wanting to see his child, it was still insubordination.

D

Deleted member 1740

Yeah that was my take on it. I'd imagine footballers don't take it. They generally miss a game at most, so whilst it looks ridiculous to punish him for wanting to see his child, it was still insubordination.

It sounds like the mother had a few issues which isnt uncommon so you'd expect any manager to be sympathetic towards the situation.

The difference in man management dealing with these issues between Jose,Pep and klopp is enormous.

Pep and Klopp back their players who've just had kids yet Jose alienates his.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
It sounds like the mother had a few issues which isnt uncommon so you'd expect any manager to be sympathetic towards the situation.

The difference in man management dealing with these issues between Jose,Pep and klopp is enormous.

Pep and Klopp back their players who've just had kids yet Jose alienates his.

Tbf mate, it was rumoured he wouldn't be going back to the US before he'd even left.
If there have been complications then of course you'd expect the club to show support but i just have a niggling feeling that they were expecting grief from the second he left and Jose won't want it to appear he's been messed around. Jose would rather look the bad guy than the fool.

It could be argued he now looks both.

D

Deleted member 1740

Tbf mate, it was rumoured he wouldn't be going back to the US before he'd even left.
If there have been complications then of course you'd expect the club to show support but i just have a niggling feeling that they were expecting grief from the second he left and Jose won't want it to appear he's been messed around. Jose would rather look the bad guy than the fool.

It could be argued he now looks both.

Unfortunately on this occassion the rumour mill is in full flow.

It's obvious martial and jose dont see eye to eye but it doesnt allow Jose to publicly rip into Martial. A simple response along the lines of " Theres been a few complications and upto now we dont know when Martial is returning but he has our full support" surely is enough then manage the player privately.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Unfortunately on this occassion the rumour mill is in full flow.

It's obvious martial and jose dont see eye to eye but it doesnt allow Jose to publicly rip into Martial. A simple response along the lines of " Theres been a few complications and upto now we dont know when Martial is returning but he has our full support" surely is enough then manage the player privately.

I agree that is how he could/should have responded, but players have all the power therse days. Jose knows Martial better than us, if he thought he was just trying to take the mick then i can see why he'd not just roll over and take it.

The most important person in Jose's world is Jose. He won't care what other supporters are saying, and tbf on twitter most of the stuff i have seen from UTD fans is Martial being critisced and compared to Morata who came back quicker after the missus had twins. So whilst rival fans and the media may try and build it up, a bit like the journo last week after Mourinho "slaughtered the youngsters", i don't see it affected Utd in the slightest.

D

Deleted member 16999

But Jose likes to be the pantomime villain.
Exactly, the facts will come out eventually and there’ll probably be responsibility on both sides. That doesn’t sell newspapers though!

D

Deleted member 1740

Exactly, the facts will come out eventually and there’ll probably be responsibility on both sides. That doesn’t sell newspapers though!

Newspapers dont exsist, only daily comic papers.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
But Jose likes to be the pantomime villain.
It does appear that he's entered full self-destruct mode, where he falls out with anyone and everyone before getting himself the sack and a nice pay-off.

Spurs were actually linked with someone today, but it was Lewis Cook of Bournemouth, so a tad underwhelming. Never seen him play to be honest. Fee touted was 30 mil of course, since that is the minimum start point for an English player.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Rumours on Twitter of Smalling going to Wolves. Assume that Utd have a defender lines up to replace him.

EDIT - Bookies have cut the odds from 33-1 to evens so possibly something in it.

Nothing in it according to the local hack. Bookies have had a field day. Happy if it does come off, could do with him.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Spurs were actually linked with someone today, but it was Lewis Cook of Bournemouth, so a tad underwhelming. Never seen him play to be honest. Fee touted was 30 mil of course, since that is the minimum start point for an English player.

I've said for a while that we are over reliant on Kane, and need another top quality forward. However there's no point in signing players for signing sake. I would rather have no new signings unless they really are going to add to what we have,

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Further on this, I notice that we were linked with Wilfred Zaha, whose now linked with Chelsea. Personally much as I like him I think he should stay at Palace, where with respect he is a big fish in a small pond.
He'll be wasted at both other clubs and won't get enough game time

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've said for a while that we are over reliant on Kane, and need another top quality forward. However there's no point in signing players for signing sake. I would rather have no new signings unless they really are going to add to what we have,
I don't think we do need another forward. The issue we've had is that any back-up to Kane gets almost no minutes, so when they do come in they are cold and out of form. If Kane gets injured I'd be more than happy with Son or Dele moving up front and Lucas or Lamela coming in. What we really need is a top drawer midfield player. Dembele apparently reckons he's not up to a full season, so if he's going to be phased out we need somewhere of good quality to come in. He's a difficult man to replace though.

Just seen today that Arturo Vidal has gone to Barca. That came out of nowhere! You Everton chaps will be happy to note that Ashley Williams has been loaned out to Stoke as well. Oh and Palace signed Meyer on a free - a young German midfielder who was tipped for big things a few years back.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Further on this, I notice that we were linked with Wilfred Zaha, whose now linked with Chelsea. Personally much as I like him I think he should stay at Palace, where with respect he is a big fish in a small pond.
He'll be wasted at both other clubs and won't get enough game time
Don't really rate him massively, I think he's quite wasteful and greedy. That sort of player only works at a smaller club, so I agree with you that he's better off at Palace.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Don't really rate him massively, I think he's quite wasteful and greedy. That sort of player only works at a smaller club, so I agree with you that he's better off at Palace.

Totally agree, he is wasteful and greedy (and a diver, cheat, troublemaker, lazy etc etc which I’ve all heard recently). I would stay well clear of him if I was a ‘big’ club. Then we can enjoy for at least another season the finest footballer who has ever played for our club and he can continue to rip the living daylights out of defenders for another season.

I have to laugh at the pundits / experts who like to have a dig at Zaha. Recently On TS they were comparing Hazards work rate to Zaha and saying that is why Wilf would not make it at Chelsea as he does not track back. What a load of crap. Wilf works very hard every week tracking back and is strong when it comes to winning the ball back etc.

I’m sure when he does move to a big club (hopefully never) all of a sudden everyone will change their tune when they realise just how good he is and also how much of a huge mistake it was for Southgate (a rare blot on his recent cv) to keep him out of the England frame.