And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 16999

Lots of talk about who has the best front three. Not wanting to point out the obvious, however the two teams that could have the best front three finished second and third. The problems of both clubs lie no where near the front three, but the other outfielders being able to chip in as well 👍
The best front 3 finished 4th, your centurions aren’t as good as them either ;)

D

Deleted member 16999

Bit of fun time. Opening weekend fixtures and my predictions.

Feel free to cut and paste and have a go.

Man Utd v Leicester 2-0
Newcastle v Spurs 1-2
Bournemouth v Cardiff 1-1

Fulham v Crystal Palace 1-0

Huddersfield v Chelsea 0-2

Watford v Brighton 1-1

Wolves v Everton 2-2
Liverpool v West Ham 3-1

Southampton v Burnley 1-1

Arsenal v Man City 1-2

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Man Utd v Leicester 2-1
Newcastle v Spurs 2-1
Bournemouth v Cardiff 2-1

Fulham v Crystal Palace 1-2

Watford v Brighton 3-1

Wolves v Everton 2-1
Liverpool v West Ham 3-2

Southampton v Burnley 0-1

Arsenal v Man City 1-3

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bit of fun time. Opening weekend fixtures and my predictions.

Feel free to cut and paste and have a go.

Man Utd v Leicester 2-0
Newcastle v Spurs 1-2
Bournemouth v Cardiff 1-1

Fulham v Crystal Palace 1-0

Watford v Brighton 1-1

Wolves v Everton 2-2
Liverpool v West Ham 3-1

Arsenal v Man City 1-2

Never mind the fun I like reading the last 15 pages of your factual reasoned arguments rather than individual opinions. :thup:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Along with about 10k empty red seats or have you shifted some more this week?

Lots of folk on Holiday in Manchester this week 😁
Joking aside me, missisT and lad Tash is off to Wemberlee on Sunday. £35 a ticket. Was gonna go and watch the mighty Mansfield Town play on Saturday as part of a birthday do. £22 a ticket 😳 You can shove it.
Reminds me of when me lad went on a football tour in Italy. Whilst there we went to the San Siro and watched Milan v Parma. World stars played that day. It cost 8 euro a ticket. Following week lads team were invited to parade the trophy they won around the pitch at Mansfield Town. They played the northern powerhouse called York. £12 a ticket

Tashyboy

Visit site
[h=2]Re: And, we’re off.......2018/2019[/h]
Man Utd v Leicester 2-0
Newcastle v Spurs 1-1
Bournemouth v Cardiff 2-1

Fulham v Crystal Palace 2-1

Huddersfield v Chelsea 0-1
Watford v Brighton 1-0

Wolves v Everton 2-1
Liverpool v West Ham 2-1

Arsenal v Man City 1-2

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Man Utd v Leicester 2-0
Newcastle v Spurs 1-1
Bournemouth v Cardiff 1-0
Fulham v Crystal Palace 2-2
Watford v Brighton 2-0
Wolves v Everton 1-1
Liverpool v West Ham 3-0
Southampton v Burnley 1-0
Arsenal v Man City 2-2

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Sorry about that. Home game. start of the season and a big crows. What could possibly go wrong?

Just seen we're the 3rd highest spenders this transfer window. Not sure that'll remain the case and I'm sure the big guns will start splashing the cash in the next few days

We’ll be ok til Austin gets injured and we get stuck with Shane Long!

You’re certainly not being shy. Gotta be close to 100m once you get the cb.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We’ll be ok til Austin gets injured and we get stuck with Shane Long!

You’re certainly not being shy. Gotta be close to 100m once you get the cb.

Indeed. Mitrovic is a good signing. Good for him so hopefully he'll remained focused, not get involved on the pitch, something Jokanovic has worked well at doing with him. Good for the the chances. We didn't score enough in the last season we were there and we're getting a few strikers together. Not convinced by Mawson and think £20m is a bit steep, Looking at the stats (granted it was at a struggling Swansea, I think there must be better out there for that price https://www.premierleague.com/players/9960/Alfie-Mawson/stats?co=1&se=79

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Indeed. Mitrovic is a good signing. Good for him so hopefully he'll remained focused, not get involved on the pitch, something Jokanovic has worked well at doing with him. Good for the the chances. We didn't score enough in the last season we were there and we're getting a few strikers together. Not convinced by Mawson and think £20m is a bit steep, Looking at the stats (granted it was at a struggling Swansea, I think there must be better out there for that price https://www.premierleague.com/players/9960/Alfie-Mawson/stats?co=1&se=79

Looking at some quotes (70m) for Maguire and I think the prem has just gone crazy on prices. No way is he worth 5m less than VVD after a few games against poor oppo at a World Cup.

By that token Mawson might be a bargain.........

Tashyboy

Visit site
Looking at some quotes (70m) for Maguire and I think the prem has just gone crazy on prices. No way is he worth 5m less than VVD after a few games against poor oppo at a World Cup.

By that token Mawson might be a bargain.........

Prices have gone crazy, but Maguire has one thing VVD has, an English passport. Having that helps when playing European games. Does it mean he is worth £70m. Not in my eyes.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Prices have gone crazy, but Maguire has one thing VVD has, an English passport. Having that helps when playing European games. Does it mean he is worth £70m. Not in my eyes.
But therein lies the reason we have so many foreign players in the PL, the over inflated prices and egos of the English players.

D

Deleted member 16999

But therein lies the reason we have so many foreign players in the PL, the over inflated prices and egos of the English players.
:confused: The players don’t set the price? If we’ve got too many foreigners the clubs are at fault.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The price for English players is jacked up by Premier league rules dictating a quota. Thus any English player who can kick a ball without falling over is worth the gdp of a small country.

It then makes it difficult to sell them abroad, where they may get enough experience to become something other than a bench warmer.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
:confused: The players don’t set the price? If we’ve got too many foreigners the clubs are at fault.
The wage demands of the English players rocketed when English player quotas first came in, and for that reason we started to get the average Jonny foreigner as they were cheaper than the English. Player greed has to be accountable.

D

Deleted member 16999

The price for English players is jacked up by Premier league rules dictating a quota. Thus any English player who can kick a ball without falling over is worth the gdp of a small country.

It then makes it difficult to sell them abroad, where they may get enough experience to become something other than a bench warmer.

The wage demands of the English players rocketed when English player quotas first came in, and for that reason we started to get the average Jonny foreigner as they were cheaper than the English. Player greed has to be accountable.
Murph’s got it right, player wages are seperate to transfer fee, wages are discussed once 2 clubs agree a fee, if Man Utd and Leics agree £70mil, the players agent will then get the best deal for the player.
As for wage rise, PL Clubs have made Billions since the PL started, why shouldn’t the Clubs biggest asset get a share of it.
Clubs still have the control to say No.