And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

Sanchez, Mata and Rashford are incredibly hard working and (ignoring Salah as he's superb) I think Sanchez is the real stand out in terms of ability. He walks into the Liverpool front line instead of Mane, for sure. Firminho is the odd one because he's not a brilliant goalscorer, but something all of his own. But I definitely think Klopp would replace him if he had a better player available.

It’s hard to see who is available and getable to replace Firmino - he maybe doesn’t score enough but his play and ability are a big reason why Mane and Salah play as well as they do - I don’t see any of the UTD players being able to fit in better , I suspect there are players around who could fit maybe someone like Dybala or Hazard but it’s ridiculous Money

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
It’s hard to see who is available and getable to replace Firmino - he maybe doesn’t score enough but his play and ability are a big reason why Mane and Salah play as well as they do - I don’t see any of the UTD players being able to fit in better , I suspect there are players around who could fit maybe someone like Dybala or Hazard but it’s ridiculous Money

I believe he plays Firmino in that style because he has no one better - if he got a better player, he's adapt the style accordingly. But tough to tell - it's all conjecture.

D

Deleted member 16999

We desperately need the actual football to kick off now. This endless daily chatter about Mourinho is absolutely tiresome.
Maybe because his interview was only published yesterday.
Nice to see a good level of tolerance on the forum.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We desperately need the actual football to kick off now. This endless daily chatter about Mourinho is absolutely tiresome.

We could change tack and talk about Spurs lack of trophies in recent years :clap:

Jose came up due to his interview, no other reason.

(I speak as an Everton fan. Remember that before taking the Spurs jibe seriously :D)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Maybe because his interview was only published yesterday.
Nice to see a good level of tolerance on the forum.
lol what? He's done a new interview every day, people have been talking about him for about a week now. I didn't mean just in here I meant everywhere. It's very dull.

D

Deleted member 16999

lol what? He's done a new interview every day, people have been talking about him for about a week now. I didn't mean just in here I meant everywhere. It's very dull.

No different to people discussing Sterling being dropped.
If you don’t like the topic feel free to ignore it or introduce another one. :thup:

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site

So, what's the latest news on the new stadium being completed on time?

From what I've heard the vast sums of money Levy has been throwing at contractors in a last minute dash to complete there's every chance he'll be selling the one season wonder to settle up...

D

Deleted member 15344

From what I've heard the vast sums of money Levy has been throwing at contractors in a last minute dash to complete there's every chance he'll be selling the one season wonder to settle up...

Going past the funny remark - it wouldn’t surprise if there is some truth there , there doesn’t seem to be any players arriving , certainly not anyone to improve a squad which is very thin and very reliant on the scoring of Kane - is there a lack of spending money because of the new stadium ? Are they now going to be financially restricted on the players they can get hence they will need to sell , I think they are very vulnerable in regards CL and if they do miss out they could have a nice brand new shiney stadium but not have the team on the pitch. Arsenal at least used their sucesss to build the stadium and still kept the payments coming in , is that why Levy has rented out the stadium to NFL , to keep payments coming in - best hope Khan doesn’t buy Wembley and take NFL there

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I think the word is that we're to play our first home game at Wembley but not sure about after that.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
And this is why it's subjective but if he can't get a tune out of players like Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Mata, Pogba... well, then he's not the manager I want at my football club.

This is the bit I don't get Kelly. When we played Utd at the emptyhad. The first half Utd were embarrassing. City were 2-0 up and cruising. I was buzzing. We were beating or arch rivals and getting the title on the same day. That result was gonna go down in history in the same breath as Denis Laws back heel which sent down Utd, ( it didn't but why let the truth get in the way). The second half Utd came out and just battered City, the same team that were chasing shadows in the first half and at Old Trafford v City were transformed. Don't know what Maureen said to them but they played like men possessed. That was the Utd that fans have come to expect that was the Utd that fans expected last year but it hardly reared its head. How's that happen. Why the park the bus mentality one minute, then outstanding football when behind. It baffles me so Lord knows what it is like watching every week.

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Visit site
Lots of talk about who has the best front three. Not wanting to point out the obvious, however the two teams that could have the best front three finished second and third. The problems of both clubs lie no where near the front three, but the other outfielders being able to chip in as well 👍

Tashyboy

Visit site
Have you noticed, that from above, Spurs new stadium looks like a toilet seat?

Are you saying its Levys Lavvy. 😉

Joking aside just just read that Karen Brady has had a dig at Spurs for using acoustic enhancers at Levys Lavvy. She said
" we were offered the same at the Olympic stadium but turned it down". Yeah but who would of flippin paid for it.

Last edited: