And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I believe the biggest cause for inflation of English players is that home grown rule. The intention was obviously to ensure English players stay part of first team squads. Has it worked? Has it balls. Big clubs just buy up any half-decent English lad to fill up their HG squad slots, and the selling clubs know full well that they desperately need x number of English players, so up goes the price. Consequently you end up with players like Delph, Barkley, etc going for big fees and never getting a game because their role is simply to boost HG numbers and play in the league cup.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Man Utd v Leicester 0-0
Newcastle v Spurs 3-1
Bournemouth v Cardiff 2-0
Fulham v Crystal Palace 1-1
Huddersfield v Chelsea 0-2
Watford v Brighton 1-1
Wolves v Everton 2-1
Liverpool v West Ham 4-1
Southampton v Burnley 2-1
Arsenal v Man City 2-2

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bit of fun time. Opening weekend fixtures and my predictions.

Feel free to cut and paste and have a go.
Man Utd 1-1 Leicester
Newcastle 1-1 Spurs
Bournemouth 2-1 Cardiff
Fulham 2-2 Crystal Palace

Huddersfield 0-1 Chelsea
Watford 2-1 Brighton

Wolves 2-1 Everton
Liverpool 3-0 West Ham
Southampton 0-1 Burnley

Arsenal 1-2 Man City

Edit: Would people be interested if I set up a new thread where we do predictions each week and I'll keep track of points and do a league table? Would be the classic 3 points for correct score, 1 for result only.

Last edited:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Man Utd 1-1 Leicester
Newcastle 1-1 Spurs
Bournemouth 2-1 Cardiff
Fulham 2-2 Crystal Palace

Huddersfield 0-1 Chelsea
Watford 2-1 Brighton

Wolves 2-1 Everton
Liverpool 3-0 West Ham
Southampton 0-1 Burnley

Arsenal 1-2 Man City

Edit: Would people be interested if I set up a new thread where we do predictions each week and I'll keep track of points and do a league table? Would be the classic 3 points for correct score, 1 for result only.

Could just set a super 6 league up. Would save you effort.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I believe the biggest cause for inflation of English players is that home grown rule. The intention was obviously to ensure English players stay part of first team squads. Has it worked? Has it balls. Big clubs just buy up any half-decent English lad to fill up their HG squad slots, and the selling clubs know full well that they desperately need x number of English players, so up goes the price. Consequently you end up with players like Delph, Barkley, etc going for big fees and never getting a game because their role is simply to boost HG numbers and play in the league cup.

i know what your saying re average English players, but I wouldn't of put Delph in there. He cost City a mere 8 million on a five year contract. He has had an excellent year at City. However I don't wanna talk about Mangala, how much he cost and how Rammel he was/is.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rumours on Twitter of Smalling going to Wolves. Assume that Utd have a defender lines up to replace him.

EDIT - Bookies have cut the odds from 33-1 to evens so possibly something in it.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Still transfers looming, so as things stand, but subject to change....

Man Utd v Leicester 1-1
Newcastle v Spurs 2-1
Fulham v Crystal Palace 2-1

Huddersfield v Chelsea 0-2

Watford v Brighton 3-1

Wolves v Everton 1-0
Liverpool v West Ham 0-0
Southampton v Burnley 1-2

Arsenal v Man City 2-2

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Man Utd v Leicester 3-1
Newcastle v Spurs 1-1
Fulham v Crystal Palace 2-1

Huddersfield v Chelsea 1-3
Watford v Brighton 1-2

Wolves v Everton 1-2
Liverpool v West Ham 5-0
Southampton v Burnley 1-2

Arsenal v Man City 3-1

D

Deleted member 16999

Everton have signed Digne from Barca, a LB so hopefully Baines can now bow out gracefully.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Everton have signed Digne from Barca, a LB so hopefully Baines can now bow out gracefully.
That's a pretty good signing. He was meant to be a really good prospect but made some poor decisions in joining PSG and Barca and never getting a game. If he can nick Baines' place he could be set for a few years and really push on.

D

Deleted member 16999

That's a pretty good signing. He was meant to be a really good prospect but made some poor decisions in joining PSG and Barca and never getting a game. If he can nick Baines' place he could be set for a few years and really push on.
21 Caps for France and hearing good things, certainly need our defence sorting out.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Joking aside, you've gotta give you employer notice of paternity leave haven't you? Just deciding you want it last minute isn't an option.
You must give your employer 28 days’ notice if you want to change your start date.

You do not have to give a precise date when you want to take leave (for example 1 February). Instead you can give a general time, such as the day of the birth or 1 week after the birth.