And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
It was on a journos Twitter feed

And these pre season tours and friendlies are part and parcel of the money the clubs get from being global - they don’t seem to mind getting the premiership money to help fund all the players they get. Every club and manager knows the situation and makes the best of it and embraces it - Klopp has spent the entire 10 day’s smiling his head of , jokin around , getting players fit - it’s pre season and treated as such . Maureen has done nothing but moan and complain all the way through , every press conference from him is nothing but bitterness. He knows the situation, it’s not a new thing and he gets paid a lot of money to manage the situation- maybe he is getting excuses in nice and early as it’s prob occurred to him that he can’t buy his way to the title this time and needs to actually coach and motivate the players

Man Utd are global and he is the face of the club right now - what an image he is portraying currently.

I don't for one second deny that he's been a miserable git, but the quote you used and the one i've seen paint totally different pictures. I can't find one actually showing him criticsing the kids. If he said it then i'd agree it's out of order, but the one I've seen has merits. He's basically acknowledging the fans are being ripped off.

Of course Klopp is smiling, that's his persona. Being miserable is Mourinho's. As far as getting results is concerned, i'd say it's hard do argue one way is better than the other.

D

Deleted member 16999

How come nobody is commenting on Jose’s interview from before the tour when he stated the same issues.
He’s missing 8 of his first team still, it was 11 and 3 arrived mid way through the US tour.
Utd start their PL fixtures a day earlier than everyone else thanks to Sky.
How would anyone on here feel if their Club were missing so many players less than 2 weeks prior to the season.

There is no way any Club could have a sensible and decent pre-season under those conditions, listen to what is actually being said rather than judging the speaker.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Well, perhaps Jose should be taking a long hard look at himself for taking a wage from a bunch of scammers...
And, a bloody good wage to boot...

That can be labelled at every manager in the league. Maybe we should give credit to the one manger criticising the system and and not keep quiet on the other 19 who help sell the scam to the fans?

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
That can be labelled at every manager in the league. Maybe we should give credit to the one manger criticising the system and and not keep quiet on the other 19 who help sell the scam to the fans?

Think Jose says stuff as he knows it'll create a bit of wet Sunday morning banter on social media...

Not sure he really has the lot of fans as a major consideration...

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Think Jose says stuff as he knows it'll create a bit of wet Sunday morning banter on social media...

I agree he knows what he's doing. I think he saw how Fergie used to run the media and tries to replicate that.

Was just playing devils advocate and asking if the other managers that tow the party line are better or worse for it?

D

Deleted member 15344

Exactly - I very much doubt Maureen cares what the fans paid to watch last night , it will be done for reason mainly to deflect from something lack Utds lack of signings in the areas he wants - he sees Arsenal and Liverpool buying players and strengthing the squads and I suspect is getting worried that he doesn’t have a team capable despite spending a fortune. He seems to want two more players to come in and they just aren’t happening for one reason or another and that’s enough to get him going. He should have a squad capable - his team isn’t the only team that had players go to World Cup

Reckon he will be gone by December maybe earlier depending on early results

This is perfect example about Martial who has just had a new baby - the same Martial who he has sidelined most of the time and it appears wants out

http://www.sportbible.com/football/...tml?source=facebook&__twitter_impression=true

Last edited by a moderator:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pre-season is always the same.....play your fringe and younger players and give them the opportunity to show they merit that squad place. No team plays their first 11 at this stage of pre-season, so to moan about not having your full squad is silly.
Of course, if a manager doesn't want to miss his full squad for pre-seaon then don't buy players of international standard and quallity.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
How come nobody is commenting on Jose’s interview from before the tour when he stated the same issues.
He’s missing 8 of his first team still, it was 11 and 3 arrived mid way through the US tour.
Utd start their PL fixtures a day earlier than everyone else thanks to Sky.
How would anyone on here feel if their Club were missing so many players less than 2 weeks prior to the season.

There is no way any Club could have a sensible and decent pre-season under those conditions, listen to what is actually being said rather than judging the speaker.

Paul below is the top rated comment on BBC HYS.

Pep plays kids, great game and beats Bayern Munich. Mourinho plays kids, they have 3 shots all game, then whinges after about how poor they are (fantastic for their confidence no doubt) then throws some of his senior players under the bus and finishes with the lovely comment he wouldn't pay to watch them play.
And United fans still support JM? It baffles me how they accept what he's done to Utd.

Think it just about says it all re what Mourinho is doing at Utd. City had 16 players missing at the start of the tour. Some will still not be available for the community shield next Sunday. But it is what it is. Jose has given a list of five players to his board as he would like one or two. He has not signed one yet. Wonder why? The club itself is a massive magnet, but Jose is not. Are a feeling it could be a painful year for the Utd followers.

Tashyboy

Visit site
One for the Arsenal fans.

Talking to Bro in law last night, he is an Arsenal fan and was winding himself up by quoting Arsene who apparantly has said " he stayed on to long". After a five min rant, I mentioned that yup he did, but look at the manager you now have. He plays the style of football you are going to love. Yet if he had gone a couple of years ago you could of had who? Mourinho for example. I mentioned every cloud and all that. Was it worth a couple of years of pain to right man or not. Or will time tell?
Thoughts Arsenal.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Pep plays kids, great game and beats Bayern Munich. Mourinho plays kids, they have 3 shots all game, then whinges after about how poor they are (fantastic for their confidence no doubt) then throws some of his senior players under the bus and finishes with the lovely comment he wouldn't pay to watch them play.
And United fans still support JM? It baffles me how they accept what he's done to Utd.

Think it just about says it all re what Mourinho is doing at Utd. City had 16 players missing at the start of the tour. Some will still not be available for the community shield next Sunday. But it is what it is. Jose has given a list of five players to his board as he would like one or two. He has not signed one yet. Wonder why? The club itself is a massive magnet, but Jose is not. Are a feeling it could be a painful year for the Utd followers.

That's just a journo trying to make a name for himself. If we go point by point.

The results. It was four reserve teams playing. It's about fitness, i doubt any of the managers are fussed about the results.
The criticism of kids. That's out of order imo, he's using those words, not JM.
What he's done to Utd. Now if he had followed Fergie i'd agree, BUT he didn't. He's won then domestic and European trophies and got em in top 4, they were finishing in Europa when he took over.

I agree with you that it's typical Mourinho deflecting though. Although i don't think the issue of players signing is mourinho though, love him or hate him, he is still one of the most highly thought of mangers in world football. His targets are all at big clubs, those signings don't always come off.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Where does it say that?

The only quote remotely like that said "If he was a fan, he would not have paid to watch these teams".

Considering the lineups by big teams for comps like the league cup and comments made by lots of fans about feeling robbed paying to watch reserves, i reckon what he said was, on this occasion fair.

If tickets were pennies then fair enough, but if they are charged at a premium just because it's UTD V Liverpool, then he has it spot on.

I read that it wasnt a sell out cos the cheapest tickets were $168 - think he had a point...if that was his point.;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

Managers are all different, Jose gets results, he’s strengthened his squad and wants more, maybe he’s happy with the rest, are City going backwards by only signing one player?
Maybe keeping the same players and knowing how they play makes them stronger!
West Ham have signed 6-7 and that many will struggle to settle we’re told, Liv sign nearly the same and this year is their year!
Jose wasn’t saying this last night as sour grapes, he was repeating himself, are you saying he should smile and if they do sh!te in the PL say he was just kdding, you know what you get with Jose, he hasn’t suddenly changed because he became Utd’s manager!
How many managers have won as much as him in the last 2 years? Runner up in the PL last season and he’ll be gone by Christmas :rofl: I guess winning nowt and dancing on the sidelines looks better on a CV.

D

Deleted member 1740

Managers are all different, Jose gets results, he’s strengthened his squad and wants more, maybe he’s happy with the rest, are City going backwards by only signing one player?
West Ham have signed 6-7 and that many will struggle to settle we’re told, Liv sign nearly the same and this year is their year!
Jose wasn’t saying this last night as sour grapes, he was repeating himself, are you saying he should smile and if they do sh!te in the PL say he was just kdding, you know what you get with Jose, he hasn’t suddenly changed because he became Utd’s manager!
How many managers have won as much as him in the last 2 years? Runner up in the PL last season and he’ll be gone by Christmas :rofl: I guess winning nowt and dancing on the sidelines looks better on a CV.

Who are you referring to mush?

Tashyboy

Visit site

Ooooooh that last sentance is naughty 😂