And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Unfortunately, you don't get a parade for the best team to watch. Even that is subjective. Utd who were for most of it Rammel to watch, finished second. Liverpool like City did last year, have to grind out results and sometimes get away from the pretty stuff

Ok ok, we get it. You win trophies now.

I couldn’t careless who wins the trophies, as a neutral I tend to watch matches based on who’s playing. So if it’s liverpool v someone I’ll likely watch. If it’s burnley Probably not.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Ok ok, we get it. You win trophies now.

I couldn’t careless who wins the trophies, as a neutral I tend to watch matches based on who’s playing. So if it’s liverpool v someone I’ll likely watch. If it’s burnley Probably not.
Thats a shame because there was more than just City and Liverpool that played attractive football last year. Furthermore, it's not just about winning trophies. As a City fan, and I suspect a Liverpool fan of last year. some of the football we saw was the stuff of dreams. Not seen by City fans for decades, and not seen by Liverpool fans since the middle of last decade. My point which once more seems to of been lost for the sake of an " ok ok we get it" was Liverpool and hopefully City or whoever wins the title will have to grind out results?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Thats a shame because there was more than just City and Liverpool that played attractive football last year. Furthermore, it's not just about winning trophies. As a City fan, and I suspect a Liverpool fan of last year. some of the football we saw was the stuff of dreams. Not seen by City fans for decades, and not seen by Liverpool fans since the middle of last decade. My point which once more seems to of been lost for the sake of an " ok ok we get it" was Liverpool and hopefully City or whoever wins the title will have to grind out results?

If you're tired of the same old response. Maybe try a new delivery. As your message was in no way clear.
I'd previously commented tjat Klopp would need a plan b, maybe comment on that. Unfortunately quite often now it "appears" you're gloating you and then you just roll out the old. I remember us being poor......

As to other teams playing good football. Not many did consosntely. City and Liverpool were pretty much bankers for decent games. The rest were hit n miss.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Wasn't last year suppose to be their year?

Wow thats an original jibe, you must be so proud.

Most sensible Liverpool fans stopped saying that 15 years ago, but there you go. I think you'll find (as per this thread), that its mainly other fans supporters who "fancy" Liverpool, but then come May look back and say - I told you you would do nothing this season.

Ad infinitum, bit like your views.:thup:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You said he had a chance to be a better version of Kante......If that ain’t hype.....

The papers haven’t said much at least, which is a start.

I think a couple of clean sheets at the start with all the guys chipping in will have you set for the season. Last year you were for most of it, the best team to watch. So as long as you keep that up, then i can see a fair few genuine neutrals pulling for ya.

Our problem is when we are 2-3 up with 30 mins to go.

We need to manage games better when other teams say sod it, lets press them. Thats when we have blown up, and we need to create little 5-a-side pitches all over the pitch and use the inside ball a bit more instead of playing longer/less percentage balls down the wings.

1-3 Norverners

4-6 Sovereign wearing soverners

The future is grim....;)

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

We need to manage games better when other teams say sod it, lets press them. Thats when we have blown up, and we need to create little 5-a-side pitches all over the pitch and use the inside ball a bit more instead of playing longer/less percentage balls down the wings.

1-3 Norverners

The future is grim....;)

Spot on. Even forgetting the late leaked goals. If you managed the last 30 mins of the multiple games you cruised better, you would keep your team fresher.

Tbf it's an inexperienced team as far as title winning goes. I think a ar or 2 of steady progress will give you opportunities to win. But even then it'll take luck, s Indies fir all title winner.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Spot on. Even forgetting the late leaked goals. If you managed the last 30 mins of the multiple games you cruised better, you would keep your team fresher.

Tbf it's an inexperienced team as far as title winning goes. I think a ar or 2 of steady progress will give you opportunities to win. But even then it'll take luck, s Indies fir all title winner.

We need to put a few seasons together of CL qualification, a trophy win or two and ideally a league win - same as everyone elses hopes, I suppose. OR, ideally need to time a good points total when a few of the others have an off season. I'm sick of getting record/high points hauls for second bloody place!!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'd take him. Won't be available though, reckon Sarri will end up using him quite a bit if they don't end up getting Golovin over the line. He's exactly the sort of player Sarri likes in his system, a creative midfielder with good work rate than will track back when needed.

Speaking of Chelsea - I think they're going to be the team to watch this season. Sarri plays some really exciting football - his Napoli team were about as good a team as you could wish to watch. They're going to go back to a more classic 4-3-3 and I see them lining up;

-------------------Courtois----------------
--Azpi-----Christensen-----Cahill----Alonso----
--------------------Jorginho-------------------
------------Kante-----------Golovin------------
---Willian----------------------------Hazard-----
-------------------Morata-------------------------

I see Azpilicueta playing at Right Back but in a more defensive wing-back type role where he tucks in and forms a defensive 3 when Alonso bombs forward. Jorginho is the key man in the system - he's the "Regista" - a role made famous by Pirlo and one that Sarri loves to play. All the play goes through Jorginho and he's the catalyst for every Chelsea attack. The key to getting the most out of a player like Jorginho is having someone who can get the ball back off the opposition for him. At Napoli he had Allan, at Chelsea he's getting an upgrade, the best in the world at that role - Kante.

If Chelsea can add a better ball-playing centre half to partner Christensen - someone like Rugani (who Sarri gave his first opportunity to at Empoli) or Koulibaly (one of the best BPD's in the world and again someone Sarri has worked closely with) they'll have an incredibly strong team. They're maybe a world-class striker short as well, but the system Sarri plays could really get the most out of Alvaro Morata. If I was a Chelsea fan I'd be very excited about the season ahead, they're going to get to watch some brilliant football and should be top contenders for the title.

This could be the most exciting season of Premier League football we've seen. Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal are all going to be playing free-flowing attacking football, then there are teams like Everton and West Ham who have new managers who look to play good football and West Ham have made some very good attacking signings. This season is going to be great, just a shame Mourinho's still around sticking up the league with his style of play.

Top of my Christmas card list 👍

People discount Chelsea at their own peril 😏

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am not talking up or talking down any teams chances until the transfer 'season' is done and dusted...

Obviously I am not hoping for any late transfers out of the spuds or the blues... ;);):D...

D

Deleted member 1740

Pretty happy with our transfer dealings upto now.

Looking forward to seeing Fabinho and kieta in the middle of the Park, both imo are top quality and hopefully they’ll both hit the ground running. Keeper situation has been addressed though which was imperative. I’d have liked another striker though, can’t be relying on Ings,Solanke,Origi or Sturridge to win us the league.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

1-3 Norverners

The future is grim....;)

Manage games at 2-0 up mmmmm

That’s negative boring rammel football!....................

Ps. Jk let it go let it go

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pretty happy with our transfer dealings upto now.

Looking forward to seeing Fabinho and kieta in the middle of the Park, both imo are top quality and hopefully they’ll both hit the ground running. Keeper situation has been addressed though which was imperative. I’d have liked another striker though, can’t be relying on Ings,Solanke,Origi or Sturridge to win us the league.
I was under the impression three of them had left , what happened there?

The new boys look good .

Just hope they all gell and we get off to a good start and not let anyone get to far away.

D

Deleted member 15344

I was under the impression three of them had left , what happened there?

The new boys look good .

Just hope they all gell and we get off to a good start and not let anyone get to far away.

I suspect that Ings and Origi will go - shame about Origi as think he has the ability

One more brought in would be good but not sure who - Sturridge seems to have been given a chance again which would mean he is adjusting the way he plays - if he can and score goals then he would be a good option from the bench

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I suspect that Ings and Origi will go - shame about Origi as think he has the ability

One more brought in would be good but not sure who - Sturridge seems to have been given a chance again which would mean he is adjusting the way he plays - if he can and score goals then he would be a good option from the bench
agree with Sturidge he’s a good player but can he play the way Klopp wants?
Watched Solanke against Dortmund and he was pants.
I would like to see a big powerful CF just to give us that plan B when we need it.
Squad looks much better I must say.

D

Deleted member 15344

agree with Sturidge he’s a good player but can he play the way Klopp wants?
Watched Solanke against Dortmund and he was pants.
I would like to see a big powerful CF just to give us that plan B when we need it.
Squad looks much better I must say.
If Sturridge can’t play the way Klopp wants then he will go - guess he is giving him until Jan to show him that

Solanke looks like a player who needs confidence and playing time , he is young and clearly has ability. A loan spell to a championship team would be a good option for next season

D

Deleted member 1740

Sturridge's issue isnt ability, its his attitude and the fact hes unreliable to stay fit all season.

The other 3 just simply arent good enough.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Very good goal by Pedro, who goes under the radar when people are talking about Chelsea players far too much, he gets some key goals at times and works tirelessly, and he’s no different tonight, and some excellent work from Morata in the build up.

The midfield had been solid with Barkley & Fabregas playing well together and Bulka & Rudiger putting in good shifts when called upon, but Sarri took those 4 off to look at others bringing on Caballero, Azpillcuetta, Bakayoko & Drinkwater, and all of a sudden Inter are all over us, they equalise and the midfield is being run ragged.

I hope Sarri sees what we’ve seen all last season, in that, Bakayoko & Drinkwater simply aren't good enough and need offloading sharpish.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Some classy & slick passing from Chelsea tonight against Inter. Chelsea win on penalties after drawing 1-1, only giving a soft goal away due to an error by Bakayoko.

Rudiger came back on and was solid, Sarri obviously reckonised weaknesses immediately and made further changes. Abraham & Ampadu we’re both very effective and looked comfortable, Ampadu is a class act & gifted player imo and can only get better.

Can already see signs of how the manager wants to play football, the players have obviously reacted positively to this and they played with great confidence.

D

Deleted member 1740

A full strength Everton side got snotted today by Rennes, 33/1 for relegation looks a cracking bet :D