And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Get Ross Barkley back on loan !!!! Seriously, he could be the answer you're looking for.

I'd be knocking on the door at Stamford Bridge and asking about taking either him or RLC, they wont need both. You are right, it is the type of player we need. If Barkley gets splinters again then the move has been a total waste. It cost him a World Cup spot, it could stunt his progress.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Didn't see Golovin had signed for Monaco. Thought with Roman's connections he was definitely going to end up joining Chelsea - obviously not. Loftus-Cheek, Fabregas or Barkley will slot into that role instead then.

I think they'll keep all three and add to the squad before the deadline is up. I don't think they'll win the league but I'd put them in the Top 3. What do you think they have to be worried about? As long as they keep Hazard they're going to be right up there and they'll also be playing some awesome football, they'll be the best team to watch this year. My PL prediction at the minute would be:

City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Spurs
Arsenal
United

Those spots 3-6 are very close but think that'll be the top 3.
What makes you think United will take a drop to 6th? Mourinho implosion? It could happen, but on paper their squad is very, very good still. One quality centre back is all they need (this has been true for about 5 years though).
My current prediction is City to win again, Liverpool nearest rival, then United & Spurs (possibly other way round). Arsenal will actually challenge for 4th this year but narrowly miss out.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd be knocking on the door at Stamford Bridge and asking about taking either him or RLC, they wont need both. You are right, it is the type of player we need. If Barkley gets splinters again then the move has been a total waste. It cost him a World Cup spot, it could stunt his progress.
In fairness, it only partly cost him a World Cup spot. What also cost him a World Cup spot is not being very good.

D

Deleted member 15344

Barkley has all the ability in the world but as with a lot of good young players too much too soon and then getting greedy and going the a club for money - could add him a long list of English players like that. He needs to go abroad and get away from the Prem and rebuild his career

I don’t see the Top 4 changing , Spurs don’t seem to be signing players which is strange and they could be the team at risk from maybe Arsenal , see Chelsea in 6th and then don’t see any others getting near them. Fulham and Wolves look like they can consolidate a mid table spot and maybe higher

West Ham and Everton new managers and spent a bit on new players - can see one struggling - don’t think either team has a good enough goal scorer over a season and suspect at the back - West Ham a lot of changes so maybe it will be them

And going down I see it’s Cardiff then two from Brighton , Huddersfield, Southampton and Bournemouth

Top 4 beinf

City
Liverpool
Utd
Spurs

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
In fairness, it only partly cost him a World Cup spot. What also cost him a World Cup spot is not being very good.

I think he is close to being very, very good and is the type of player England lacked this year. He stalled with us in his last year. Another manager, perhaps better players around him, could bring him on that little bit more.

He has two good feet, a cracking shot, glides past players, scores goals. His decision making is holding him back but will hopefully improve. I'm a fan.

D

Deleted member 16999

No chance, I’d rather we bring Leon Osman out of retirement :)
Barkley is the next Rodwell :thup:

D

Deleted member 16999

City, United, Chelsea then Arsenal, Spuds and the Liv for 5th & 6th.
Managers will be wise to Klopp now and very few won’t park the bus against them.
Salah won’t repeat last season, although he was fantastic to watch so happy to be wrong on that.
Spurs going into the new ground may stutter initially and without strengthening the squad the natives will turn.
Klippetty gone at end of season if no silverware comes in and certainly if he finishes outside top 4.

D

Deleted member 16999

Rodwell...on trial at Watford right now :eek:oo::eek:
superb prospect at Everton, ran after the money to City, suffered some injuries and never broke through at City, came to Sunderland, small glimpses here and there, refused to take a pay cut when they were relegated, hated up here!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Southampton over Huddersfield …. are you sure ????
Definitely. Huddersfield have made some solid signings and have a very astute manager by the looks of it. Southampton were lucky to stay up last year, and I don't rate Mark Hughes' chances of repeating the trick.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Rodwell was such a waste of talent, he looked like he was going to be a star before he moved to City. I really hope Barkley doesn't go the same way, England could do with a player like him right now.

D

Deleted member 16999

Rodwell was such a waste of talent, he looked like he was going to be a star before he moved to City. I really hope Barkley doesn't go the same way, England could do with a player like him right now.
I don’t think the Barkley your speaking of has turned up anymore than 10 times in the last 2-3 years.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
You know bookies don't give much away but really Harry Kane to United at 4/1 from 33/1?

If true can't see that going down well at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium ^^^^^^^ ;)