And, we’re off.......2018/2019

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some classy & slick passing from Chelsea tonight against Inter. Chelsea win on penalties after drawing 1-1, only giving a soft goal away due to an error by Bakayoko.

Rudiger came back on and was solid, Sarri obviously reckonised weaknesses immediately and made further changes. Abraham & Ampadu we’re both very effective and looked comfortable, Ampadu is a class act & gifted player imo and can only get better.

Can already see signs of how the manager wants to play football, the players have obviously reacted positively to this and they played with great confidence.

Fishy you can't say things like this. Being positive. That's not right, have you forgotten, we have no owner, no stadium rebuild, we getting sold, players are going, nothing coming in and no champions league again in 2019/2020 :whistle::thup:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Fishy you can't say things like this. Being positive. That's not right, have you forgotten, we have no owner, no stadium rebuild, we getting sold, players are going, nothing coming in and no champions league again in 2019/2020 :whistle::thup:

Oh sorry, I’d been sniffing the shelves in the medics cabinet, what was I thinking 🤔😜

D

Deleted member 15344

This forum embodies bias.

And you of course are putting yourself smack in the middle of that of course

Anyway pre season not really much of an indicator due to the teams being put out but Everton losing 4 in a row isn’t good - the ICC cup thing is producing the expected results really considering the teams there - but it does show the appeal of certain teams , over 100,000 there to watch Liverpool play UTD

Well today’s news has the resurfacing of Chelsea being sold to Radcliffe -

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talk...claims-club-being-sold-sir-jim-ratcliffe/amp/

Other news - Utd looking at Lewandowski again but need to pay him a lot , also look like they have jumped ahead of Everton for Mina

Mahrez got what looks like a nasty ankle injury last night

Madrid walking away from Hazard after the asking price hit £200mil

Mitrovic looks like finally sealing the deal at Fulham

And Spurs still quiet

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone seen the Mourhino interview this morning? Clearly not on message as he was telling fans not to go to these pre season friendlies, dismissing their worth. He is starting early in his 3rd season please sack me for a pay off phase. It will be a test of the Utd hierarchy.

D

Deleted member 16999

And they post on here people are obsessed with them and have nothing else to talk about :rofl:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone seen the Mourhino interview this morning? Clearly not on message as he was telling fans not to go to these pre season friendlies, dismissing their worth. He is starting early in his 3rd season please sack me for a pay off phase. It will be a test of the Utd hierarchy.
Found that quite funny, but you have to say it’s TRUE.

What a goal by Shaqiri.

How many go watch the reserves these days?
I used to when they played at Anfield.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site

Never quite sure if you can take Jose seriously when he comes out with stuff like this...

D

Deleted member 15344

Found that quite funny, but you have to say it’s TRUE.

What a goal by Shaqiri.

How many go watch the reserves these days?
I used to when they played at Anfield.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/44995530?__twitter_impression=true

It appears he has said - “these kids aren’t worth watching” - bet all those youngsters at the club must be delighted to have him as their manager. He will be gone through the season - far to bitter these days

And over 100,000 turned up last night - they are thought it was worth going to see

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/44995530?__twitter_impression=true

It appears he has said - “these kids aren’t worth watching” - bet all those youngsters at the club must be delighted to have him as their manager. He will be gone through the season - far to bitter these days

And over 100,000 turned up last night - they are thought it was worth going to see

Where does it say that?

The only quote remotely like that said "If he was a fan, he would not have paid to watch these teams".

Considering the lineups by big teams for comps like the league cup and comments made by lots of fans about feeling robbed paying to watch reserves, i reckon what he said was, on this occasion fair.

If tickets were pennies then fair enough, but if they are charged at a premium just because it's UTD V Liverpool, then he has it spot on.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Where does it say that?

The only quote remotely like that said "If he was a fan, he would not have paid to watch these teams".

Considering the lineups by big teams for comps like the league cup and comments made by lots of fans about feeling robbed paying to watch reserves, i reckon what he said was, on this occasion fair.

If tickets were pennies then fair enough, but if they are charged at a premium just because it's UTD V Liverpool, then he has it spot on.

Well, shouldn't the clubs be taking a long hard look at themselves for participating in scamming of their fanbase?

D

Deleted member 16999

Well, shouldn't the clubs be taking a long hard look at themselves for participating in scamming of their fanbase?
That’s the problem, from a club point of view it’s a success as they’re guaranteed money.
The manager and players will go were they’re told.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

At one point clubs were told a kit had to last 2 years, that was when they only had home and away.

Now most have 3 kits, and change them every year. Not only that, but they split it into replica and official and charge between £50 and £90 for the top. Fans are simply a revenue stream for clubs, its long gone since they considered fans.

D

Deleted member 16999

At one point clubs were told a kit had to last 2 years, that was when they only had home and away.

Now most have 3 kits, and change them every year. Not only that, but they split it into replica and official and charge between £50 and £90 for the top. Fans are simply a revenue stream for clubs, its long gone since they considered fans.
Tickets last night were priced from £58-£278!

D

Deleted member 15344

Where does it say that?

It was on a journos Twitter feed

And these pre season tours and friendlies are part and parcel of the money the clubs get from being global - they don’t seem to mind getting the premiership money to help fund all the players they get. Every club and manager knows the situation and makes the best of it and embraces it - Klopp has spent the entire 10 day’s smiling his head of , jokin around , getting players fit - it’s pre season and treated as such . Maureen has done nothing but moan and complain all the way through , every press conference from him is nothing but bitterness. He knows the situation, it’s not a new thing and he gets paid a lot of money to manage the situation- maybe he is getting excuses in nice and early as it’s prob occurred to him that he can’t buy his way to the title this time and needs to actually coach and motivate the players

Man Utd are global and he is the face of the club right now - what an image he is portraying currently.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site

Well, perhaps Jose should be taking a long hard look at himself for taking a wage from a bunch of scammers...
And, a bloody good wage to boot...

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

I missed that, can you point me to where that was said, please Phil, as I'd be interested in reading that. :thup: