And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
How poor is our midfield? For all the praise Southgate get's for giving everyone a chance he seems pretty blind in playing a dull midfield. We need more than one person who can pass in there. The bias in me can't believe JWP doesn't get a chance, but surely Maddison and Winks should be in there too.

Also, a note to SKY. This comp does not compare to a World Cup, no matter how much you try!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
No it’s not. It will spoil the game for people in the stadium. Probably keep the armchair supporter happy though.

Ask the spurs fans who got through to the CL final if they believe that?

The game we all know now doesn't exist without the armchair fans, i'be been both and whilst i accept the pausing of games isn't ideal and needs to be made quicker, Rugby has got used to it and imo in a few years football will have done so too.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Ask the spurs fans who got through to the CL final if they believe that?

The game we all know now doesn't exist without the armchair fans, i'be been both and whilst i accept the pausing of games isn't ideal and needs to be made quicker, Rugby has got used to it and imo in a few years football will have done so too.

Football is not Rugby. Football is at its best when it’s flowing, standing there waiting whilst the ref has his finger jammed in his lug to let you know if you have won or not will eventually kill the game for the people in the stadium.

D

Deleted member 1418

Stones was bad enough, but the Dutch fella's shot was going wide if it didn't hit Walker! What a crap goal! 😩

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Football is not Rugby. Football is at its best when it’s flowing, standing there waiting whilst the ref has his finger jammed in his lug to let you know if you have won or not will eventually kill the game.

No it won't. Sad as it may be, if the stadiums were empty the clubs would be just fine because it's all about money. Now whether that's good or bad is another question, but once you (football in general) takes the money from tv you have to accept there will be changes to suit that audience.

Re the pace of the game, footy has lot's of natural breaks, they need to get var to work better, but it works as a concept as every other sport has shown.